Monogram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monogram?

Ok, so I am ordering a shirt from ratio as a birthday gift for myself.

http://www.ratioclothing.com/p-34-purple-mini-gingham.aspx

My question is monogram or no monogram? It goes on the sleeve cuff. Too pretentious?

I think not.

Its not like all your shirts have it, why not have one with it. I like the idea, and I've seen some pics of some people wearing it with it, I didnt mind.

Comment

Not for $10 more I wouldn't. That is just me, though.

Blank Label does it for free. Those are made in China, which is obviously different than Ratio, but there are other options if you want a monogrammed MTM shirt.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Too pretentious IMO. It used to be helpful when the cleaners might mix up your shirt with someone else's, but now it's just showing off. If I got one it would be inside the collar or somewhere it wouldn't be seen.

Comment

I wouldn't do it for a shirt if I was buying online and unsure of the fit, but for a custom shirt? Why not. As mentioned above, its not like ALL your shirts have it.

Comment

Ew. I'm not a conservative dresser by any means, but I'd probably judge you if you had your initials on the outside of your shirt.

Comment

I can't really say I would ever get a shirt monogrammed. I wouldn't even know what group of people that would be normal in. Who has their initials on their shirts? I don't mean to sound rude, but it just seems like a bizarre option that would stick out for bad reasons. Not a good addition to a shirt IMO.

Comment

I own several monogrammed shirts (MTM whenever I visit my parents in Korea), but none on the cuff. Two shirts are monogrammed on the chest and are easily covered by a jacket or blazer. Another has one placed on the shirt tail. The shirt is obnoxious for sure, but it fits my personality.

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't pay extra for it. I have one shirt with monogrammed cuffs (free add on), but the thread color matches the color of the shirt (white on white), so you can't tell they are monogrammed unless the light hits it just right.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Hmm, I don't think it's pretentious but I do think it's cheesy.

I see no reason why something like that should be visible. Then again I don't like logos either.

Comment

Working...
                    X