60 days with no style purchase.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 days with no style purchase.

I need a thread to document my journey 60 days of my clothing, shoes, accessories purchase. March and April with nothing. I need a white T and that's it since my other is pitted out.

This is to keep me going with no purchase and also maybe other guys can jump on the bandwagon. Sometimes in the style journey we get over zealous and buy a lot really fast. This is my time to pump the brake and slow it down. Sell a few more things as well.

Anyone that wants to jump in feel free! If I didn't start this thread I wouldn't stick to it. Wish me luck!

Not now! March is when all the winter gear prices are slashed!

Comment

Good luck, I'm trying to cut back a bit as well.

Comment

Good luck! I just recently broke my fast, but I'll probably start again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by watch37 View Post
          Not now! March is when all the winter gear prices are slashed!
          I did think about this possible sales from F/W but I really don't have holes in my wardrobe. I can't think of something I really "need". I have outerwear for a small army. More merino, cashmere, cardigans than I can possibly wear. My watch and shoe collection could get me a down payment on a vacation home (which is what I am saving for). I don't have a Barbour jacket but I've never been that attracted to them.

Comment

I'll join in 2 weeks as I will be near an American outlet mall for my once a year visit next week. Then cold turkey until the summer.

Comment

I'm on board. Like you, Brent, I don't have any real compelling needs or wants, at the moment. This will keep me on track. When I feel temptation coming on, I'll go hug my Red Wings.

Comment

Oooo. I was gonna do a no spend March, but a no spend March and April?! That would be tough. Starts tomorrow right? So there is still time to snag a pair of Kenilworth's from the Amazon sale? I think I'm with you on this. My spending this month has gotten a little crazy.

Comment

I'm in through the end of March. Committed that to my wife back in January after purchasing my Barbour Bedale. February has gone well so far, just picked up a couple pairs of replacement socks and some shoe polish, which she didn't mind of course.

It helps too that I spent the last year plus revamping my wardrobe and I have the basics handled pretty well now. Even after March, I'll try and stock away my clothing budget for a few months and save up. The only items I have on my wish list are pricier items now like a couple of watches to revamp my collection (still using a rotation of Fossils from back in the day), a couple pairs of shoes/boots, and a jacket or two.

Good luck gentlemen, let's stick to this!

Comment

Best of luck with it. As long as there is still alcohol around, I can't even promise 60 minutes of my own willpower. Especially since my paypal login is automatic, and eBay doesn't bill me for 2 weeks...

Comment

I'm in. I've been nickel-and-diming my budget to death lately.

Comment

Funny that this came up today, because I am just finishing up a 2-month hiatus myself. After new year's, I told my wife there would be no personal clothing purchases until march - which besides spending a gift-card I received for Christmas, there hasn't been. I have been pining after a few things though, most notably these flannels:

http://luxire.com/collections/pants/...y-wool-flannel

Comment

Something I've done as I've upgraded my wardrobe is continued to give to charities in need through cash and non-cash donations. If any of you need a little extra motivation, consider sending some or all of the money you might have spent to a charity that provides shelter, clothing, or work programs. Sometimes we strive to fill "gaps" in our wardrobe but it's important to remember that others may have no bed, no clothes (except the ones on their backs), or no job at all.

Just an idea to help you keep focused on the goal of getting by with less.

Comment

I finished up a month yesterday. My hand was forced due to the need for a new interview suit/dress shoes. I also figured while I was cheating I would take advantage of the much needed addition of new running shoes. Although it's entirely possible one or more or those could go back if I don't like them.

I am in for the next two months though. I am saving money as well, but I may cheat by using the $125 in store credit I have from Bonobos to pick up some shorts or something. As far as I'm concerned, that's money already spent.

Comment

I'm definitely in for March, and likely April too.

The only thing I need/want right now is a white dress shirt. Whenever that is purchased, I'll be going on a purchasing hiatus for a while, hopefully through the summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X