No announcement yet.

60 days with no style purchase.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm doing the opposite fyi, im determined to make at least 1 style purchase a day

Comment

Conspicuous consumption keeps me occupied!

Comment

This exercise did introduce a bit more control to my spending habits. Yes, I bought a few small items, mainly things I felt I needed, and nothing extravagant. I'm always going to need new canvas sneakers--I wreck them over a summer and fall's worth of wear. And this year I needed new rain gear since I've become a committed bike commuter.

Nevertheless, I still managed to control spending enough so that with this paycheck I could pay off completly one credit card (first time it's been at zero in more than a year), and the J. Crew card remains at zero with a healthy credit limit.

No clothes go on a credit card from now on, unless it's J. Crew (we get good reward gift cards) and we know that we can pay it off in 1-2 months.

Comment

Ok so it is now over and I made it. Treated myself to an Eqqus belt as a reward. I am going to try and do a one purchase every 60 day thing now and as everything I want requires significant saving up now I have high hopes.

Comment

Congrats, ACF!

I'm kind of like [MENTION=10540]Scofield[/MENTION] now. After trying (and failing at) this, I've got something of a plan for about 1 style purchase a month. Most of them aren't huge purchases, but I figure this plan gives me some power. I can give in to my shopping jones while watching the expense and being thoughtful about it all. Not to say there won't be some surprises now and then that I'll have to spring for.

Comment

Working...
            X