Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of these AE Weybridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of these AE Weybridge?

I ordered these from AE on sale for $199 and I'm trying to decide if I should keep them or return them. I'm looking for a classic Brown shoe that I can wear with casual pants and also with a suit, or blazer and slacks. Do you think these can accomplish all that? Is the color okay or too dark? Is this style classic enough or should I be looking at something else? Thanks in advance for your input.

I like them but don't love them. If you're questioning the purchase you probably don't love them either.

Comment

Jason, you are correct! I thought I was going to love them when I ordered them but I guess I don't. For my limited budget, if I'm spending $200 to $300 on shoes, I better love them and for a long time. Thanks!

Comment

I echo the same sentiments. I think they look nice, but I'm not crazy about them. Mainly because I would have preferred the 199 brown clifton that was available from Nordstrom during the same time period of the AE sale. I know its a blucher but Americans can get away with bluchers and suits :-)

and what do ya know.... its even on lower sale now!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/allen-ed...h&resultback=0

Comment

Between those 2, my vote is also on the Clifton - especially at that price.

Comment

I think the perforations on a shoe with so few seams look kind of weird. Really needs a wing tip or cap toe to offset the toe perforations, and something else up the sides. They're OK, but wouldn't be my choice

Comment

Agreed w/ Bass. They definitely make a statement. I wish they'd do the same color in a brogued captoe similar to the Strand burnished brown.

Comment

Seems like they would go best with dark denim.

Comment

LoL Jicarv looking at the cliftons made me curious to investigate and I ended up buying a pair after seeing the beautiful brown shape in this pic:

I'm probably going to return my brown macneils now. Thanks!

Comment

Those cliftons are fantastic.

Comment

The Cliftons are tempting but something is holding me back from pulling the trigger and I think it's the blucher style, which I'm not completely crazy about.

Comment

Acoustic, that picture you posted sold me on them. Pondered them the whole train ride to work and I just ordered them. They include free shipping so if I don't like them, I can just return them. Thanks!

Comment

The Weybridge because of the closed throat is more of a formal shoe than the Clifton with the blucher and therefore less versatile.

Comment

My only hangup on the Cliftons is also the blucher style. I already have some brown bluchers so I want something a little more formal for my next pair. Even still... at that price, it's hard to not replace the bluchers I already have. :-P

If they still have 12's when they reach $150, I'm doing it.

EDIT: I need to quit going to that sale page... :-P

Comment

Working...
                            X