Anyone ever tried Bar III suits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever tried Bar III suits?

I own a couple of Bar III shirts and really like them (good quality, and slim fit). I'm looking for a new dark/navy blue suits and thought I might try out this one from Bar III as they are half off right now.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/b...fn=BRAND%3DBar III%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D7%26ruleId%3D66%26slotId%3D2

I don't live anywhere close to a Macy's so I have to order online. But I was wondering if one has any experience with their suits.

I own a BarIII Charcoal Tweed blazer. Its unlined, with very very minimal shoulder padding. It is a very comfortable blazer, which was priced at 350$. I never made the deal at 350, but when it dropped to 99 on new years sale, I snagged it up. I'm happy I did, and I would definitely try out they're suiting as well.

Comment

yes, they're a macys house brand I believe, and they fit me a little better than alfani red, the armholes are higher and they have less shoulder padding. They fit pretty slim and while I definitely wouldn't pay retail for it, if you can find it for in the $200-250 range on sale I'd give it a shot. I'd say its a solid competitor to the hilfiger slim fit suit

Comment

looks pretty good!

I may go to Macy's after work and take a look. I've been on the hunt for a dark, navy suit as well. I've had my eyes on some of the offerings from SuitSupply, but need to research more.

Comment

Probably worth noting that the Navy suit you linked has peak lapels, which may be a deal breaker for some. I don't own any Bar III suits but I've tried a couple at my local Macy's and the fit is pretty darn good!

Comment

For anyone else seeking answers to the same question as the OP, somaticmarker1 has since posted a newer thread entitled, Bar III Suit Review.

Comment

btw, OP says bar iii slim fit shirts are good, i am curious just how slim fit they actually are? thanks.

Comment

@llie19. I have a 38' chest, 29' waist, so I do have a very trim, athletic build. I had to still get the sides of the jacket taken in. But Bar III is probable one of the slimmest OTR lines out there.

Comment

@llie19

The slim fit shirts are decently slim but could be slimmer in the waist area. Better than most. They also have an extra slim fit line, but the last time i tried it was too slim for me. My problem is I have a relatively big chest and so those buttons were splaying out but otherwise it looked great at the waist.

Own a slim fit Bar III suit and can confirm it looks pretty great OTR. Compared to every other "slim fit" line at Macy (tried them all) it definitely had the most modern cut. Other than shortening the sleeves and hemming the pants I didn't think it needed more tailoring.

More recently I picked up a wool blazer during their one day sale marked down from 350->87 - 10 off 25 = 77 bucks which fits absolutely perfectly. When I find a decent tailor I plan on taking this blazer in with my other suit jackets so I can show them how I want my coats to look.

Comment

I own a BarIII suit and I love it. It fit me perfectly off the rack, minus the sleeves being 0.5" too long. If you have an athletic build, these suits will fit great off the rack.

Comment

thanks everyone. just got back from macys, tried on an extra slim shirt, fit pretty well, not much extra fabric around the waist. one big problem is that the collars were too small, by small i mean really tiny i doubt it would cover a tie knot well and look good. maybe they have bar iii with bigger collars online, but they store i went to only had that type of collar. i also tried a alfani slim fit, not as slim, and also had the same small collar.

i agree that bar iii slim fit suit fit very well OTR. another macy's option that also fits fairly well is DKNY slim fit, very well tapered toward the waist.

Comment

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but does anyone know how the Bar III suits compare to Ludlow or Thompson suits from J Crew and JCF (respectively)?
                        My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

I own 2 Bar III suits and one JCF. I would say Bar III is a step or two above JCF, but well below the ludlow. Bar III suits are fused, and while they are 100% wool, it's not at the same level as the ludlow line. Bar III has a much slimmer cut than the Thompson or ludlow.

Comment

Originally posted by diversification View Post
                            I know I'm bumping an old thread, but does anyone know how the Bar III suits compare to Ludlow or Thompson suits from J Crew and JCF (respectively)?
                            The bar iii extra slim fit is Much slimmer in the arms and body than the jcf Thompson for sure. I own both. The jcf has room in the chest but the bar iii is nice and snug.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedTruth View Post
                              For anyone else seeking answers to the same question as the OP, somaticmarker1 has since posted a newer thread entitled, Bar III Suit Review.
                              Links broken...

Comment

Working...
                              X