Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WesMan
    replied

+1 for Brooks Bros ESF, Gant Rugger, and Ratio. Sizing down in J.Crew or LEC could work as well for what you're looking for.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

I visit NYC in August. I would check it out!

I have gotten all my dress shirts tailored now, save for one, so as long as the armholes are high enough, I'm not completely deterred by a fuller body. The thrift store selection in Milwaukee is grim. But I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Leave a comment:

• chern
    replied

In my experience, the best [slim] fitting oxfords I've found are older ones from thrifts. Not to mention they're usually heavily and well constructed.

Leave a comment:

• zerostyle
    replied

Hey Nicholos,

If you're anywhere near NYC, the Uniqlo oxfords for $30 run pretty slim.

I've also been told the RL Rugby ones are slim, but haven't had a chance to try one on. Normally $50-$60 but I think you can get them on sale for around $40.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Hehe I certainly did steer it wrong!

Seems harder to find fitted OCBDs than any other kind of shirt.

Leave a comment:

• OnlyShawn
    replied

Btw; those smart are trim fit aren't oxfords, lest anyone get confused, and this thread wander any further off topic.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

What's the difference between the Nordstrom SmartCare Trim Fit and their Calibrate Slim Fit?

Leave a comment:

• splitplug
    replied

I'm currently sold on the Nordstrom Calibrate slim fit shirts. I like them better than my 1MX fitted shirts, and they are the same price, and look more expensive.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Haven't tried on an LEC OCBD, but just holding it on the hanger, I saw the body went straight down. Fine for some, but I need it to taper.

To the OP, I haven't seen or tried the 1901, but I am thoroughly pleased with the Nordstrom SmartCare Trim Fit. I measured the waist of my shirt and found it to be the slimmest shirt OTR that I own. Slimmer than the Express ESF. (Trying to use as many acronyms as I can!)

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied

Haha. So far I think it's LEC = Land's End Canvas, ESF = extra slim fit, OCBD = oxford cloth button-down.

Anyway I agree about LEC oxfords. They are cut slimmer than regular Land's End but if you want a true slim fit you should try to size down if you can.

Leave a comment:

• frost
    replied

this board should have a translation key for all the acronyms used..

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied

I guess I wasn't clear. I'm just looking for more variety than OCBDs and was wondering if Brooks Brothers had that. You know, extra slim fits with a few more options.

Leave a comment:

• OnlyShawn
    replied

you want non-button-down oxford cloth shirts? umm...not really going to happen. I can't think of any oxfords in neck/sleeve measurements...i'm sure they exist, but i don't know of them offhand.

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied

I didn't spend a ton of time looking into it, but it looked like the brooks brothers ESF nearly all had button down point collars for their dress shirts. Is this correct?

I saw some variety in the more casual ones but those are only sized by S, M, L and not neck x sleeve

Leave a comment:

• Ben
    replied

2x BB ESF and gant rugger

Leave a comment:

Working...
X