Fitted Oxford Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitted Oxford Shirts

So after being spoiled by the slim cut of Express 1MX dress shirts (I think I have about 15 of them in "Fitted" and "Extra Slim Fit"), I'm trying to find off the rack oxford shirts that offer a similar fit. I've tried a few brands, including J.Crew, and even that Nordstrom 1901 shirt that was listed in one of the sale threads that Joe posted, but they don't do it for me. I actually have one from Ratio clothing in the slim cut on order which should be in relatively soon. If anyone has any recommendations towards great fitting oxfords, it would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like they don't have any in stock now, but I have a couple of Brooks brothers Extra Slim fit Garment Dyed Oxfords that I really like. I think I got a couple at about $40/shirt during a sale at some point.

Link to reviews.

http://reviews.brooksbrothers.com/81...30/reviews.htm

Comment

Gant rugger. LEC is good if you size down, though the collar, as is often mentioned, is a little small in the fold, so some ties don't want to stay in.

Comment

2x BB ESF and gant rugger

Comment

I didn't spend a ton of time looking into it, but it looked like the brooks brothers ESF nearly all had button down point collars for their dress shirts. Is this correct?

I saw some variety in the more casual ones but those are only sized by S, M, L and not neck x sleeve

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

you want non-button-down oxford cloth shirts? umm...not really going to happen. I can't think of any oxfords in neck/sleeve measurements...i'm sure they exist, but i don't know of them offhand.

Comment

I guess I wasn't clear. I'm just looking for more variety than OCBDs and was wondering if Brooks Brothers had that. You know, extra slim fits with a few more options.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

this board should have a translation key for all the acronyms used..

Comment

Haha. So far I think it's LEC = Land's End Canvas, ESF = extra slim fit, OCBD = oxford cloth button-down.

Anyway I agree about LEC oxfords. They are cut slimmer than regular Land's End but if you want a true slim fit you should try to size down if you can.

Ben

Comment

Haven't tried on an LEC OCBD, but just holding it on the hanger, I saw the body went straight down. Fine for some, but I need it to taper.

To the OP, I haven't seen or tried the 1901, but I am thoroughly pleased with the Nordstrom SmartCare Trim Fit. I measured the waist of my shirt and found it to be the slimmest shirt OTR that I own. Slimmer than the Express ESF. (Trying to use as many acronyms as I can!)

Comment

I'm currently sold on the Nordstrom Calibrate slim fit shirts. I like them better than my 1MX fitted shirts, and they are the same price, and look more expensive.

Comment

What's the difference between the Nordstrom SmartCare Trim Fit and their Calibrate Slim Fit?

Comment

Btw; those smart are trim fit aren't oxfords, lest anyone get confused, and this thread wander any further off topic.

Comment

Hehe I certainly did steer it wrong!

Seems harder to find fitted OCBDs than any other kind of shirt.

Comment

Hey Nicholos,

If you're anywhere near NYC, the Uniqlo oxfords for $30 run pretty slim.

I've also been told the RL Rugby ones are slim, but haven't had a chance to try one on. Normally $50-$60 but I think you can get them on sale for around $40.

Comment

Working...
                              X