Sport Coat Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport Coat Buttons

I came across a tweed sport coat that needs no other tailoring but has ugly buttons. It is a two button coat with three buttons on each sleeve. What would it cost to switch all of them out including buying buttons? Thanks.

I'm doing this with a Harris Tweed overcoat I thrifted because it was missing a button. My tailor had boxes of faux leather wrapped buttons like these and is charging me $2 / big button and $1 for the small button at the throat. This design didn't have sleeve buttons and 3 big buttons, so $7 total.

Comment

I've done two sport coats up with buttons bought from craft stores. Sounds silly but it works, and only cost a few dollars.

But for fancier buttons like Jason said, maybe try a tailor. Still, it shouldn't cost too much as long as you stay reasonabe with your selection.

Comment

Recently swapped the plastic buttons on a mockneck sweater for antique leather buttons I picked up off eBay. eBay has an overwhelming selection for (very) reasonable prices--figure out what size you want and what type and spend a little time browsing the 'Bay!

Comment

Working...
        X