What do you think about this blazer/patch pockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about this blazer/patch pockets

I am looking for a blazer for a weekend in NYC this late March/early April. I thought this tweed blazer http://i.imgur.com/J6DC5dx.jpg might do the trick but am a bit concerned about the patch pockets breaking up the smoothness of the lines. Thoughts? Also, as for heaviness, will this wool tweed be appropriate for that time of year in NYC, or too much? Thanks!

Patch pockets are great for a more casual sportscoat.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
      Patch pockets are great for a more casual sportscoat.
      The more I read up on the issue the more I came to this realization. I also came to appreciate that these weren't too billowy. My main concern now is whether tweed will be too heavy a fabric for late March/early April in NYC...

Comment

It probably won't be too heavy a fabric for late March/early April, provided you don't try to layer too much under it. Then again, that's probably the least predictable time of year, weather-wise, so the best advice is just to check the forecast before you pack and be prepared to adjust accordingly.

Comment

Tweed is awesome September-March depending on location. September in my neck of the woods has been very very warm so I'm more like mid October-March with my Burberry and Harris tweed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
            Tweed is awesome September-March depending on location. September in my neck of the woods has been very very warm so I'm more like mid October-March with my Burberry and Harris tweed.
            Thanks. Also, I didn't include this in the original post, but the suit measurements given on Ebay had the shoulders 0.5 inches bigger than I want them to be (shoulder to shoulder as compared to a suit I own and love). Is this significant in terms of fit?

Comment

Don't fret too too much. Shoulder measurements aren't exactly universal. 19" shoulders might fit different brand to brand and fit to fit material to material. buying online is hard to a point. My 18.5" Burberry is different than my 18.5" HSM.

Comment

that tweed sport coat looks great! i feel like i rarely see tweed with patch pockets, they normally have flapped ones. wear it with pride, it seems to be a good score.

Comment

Do you have a good raincoat, ideally a trenchcoat style to go over this?

Comment

No I do not, but I do have an umbrella. I don't think I could pull of a trench. It feels like cosplaying Bogie. My thought was that the tweed could act a bit as outerwear...Any input on the shoulder fit question. It's the one thing that's keeping me from pulling the trigger and I have heard conflicting things from different forums...

Comment

I'd recommend getting a slim non-belted trench raincoat (think McQueen not Bogie). Every guy, especially those of us who want to wear a blazer in spring, needs one, in my opinion.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X