Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unusual shoes that you actually wear

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    These are the AE Hamptons I'm wearing today. They're kind of like wingtip/cap toe/spectators with pebble grain. They're some of my very favorite dressier shoes, but they're anything but typical. I suit up in these shoes for just about anything except job interviews and funerals.


    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by deebs View Post
      Reebok remade the Pumps
      WHAT. The 12 year old me just got excited again..



      Sorry....back on track.

      Comment


        #18

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Brent k View Post
          Espadrilles.
          I have two pair and wear them regularly (extremely casually obviously) with nice weather. Easily the most comfortable shoes ever.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Shade View Post
            That was me a few months ago when I had my walking boot on for my injured ankle. My wife was laughing at me because it reminded her of the kids in her HS who thought they were cool because they were pumping their shoes.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by wsupjs View Post
              I don't have any unusual shoes for work or casual wear, but my current basketball shoes are pretty unique.

              how much was the kamikaze II bball shoes? That would be perfect as EDC shoes 2014.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                how much was the kamikaze II bball shoes? That would be perfect as EDC shoes 2014.
                They retail for $100, but I got them for $55 after tax. For some reason, my local outlet mall has a FinishLine in it, and they showed up in their half off after holiday sale.

                Those would be perfect for EDC. Nike also released a pair of dunk high tops that the entire uppers glowed a few years back. I had them before, and they snap necks, but don't glow as bright as the Kamikazes.

                Also, for those of you that like the Court Victory (aka Dee Brown) pumps, you need to check out the Alife pumps. They were made out of tennis ball felt and came in five different colors. During my sneaker collecting days, I had eight pairs of them, in four of the five colors. That style is definitely on my Mount Rushmore of favorite shoes ever (dress or casual). The only problem with them is they're almost impossible to keep clean (even harder than suede) and looked HUGE in my size 13... hah.

                Rarest Color (only 48 made)

                http://www.kicksonfire.com/rare-kick...alife-ballout/

                The other four (only 300 of each made, so still ridiculously rare)

                http://www.limiteditions.org/HomeCourtVictory.html
                Last edited by wsupjs; February 12, 2014, 11:23 PM.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by wsupjs View Post
                  They retail for $100, but I got them for $55 after tax. For some reason, my local outlet mall has a FinishLine in it, and they showed up in their half off after holiday sale.

                  Those would be perfect for EDC. Nike also released a pair of dunk high tops that the entire uppers glowed a few years back. I had them before, and they snap necks, but don't glow as bright as the Kamikazes.

                  Also, for those of you that like the Court Victory (aka Dee Brown) pumps, you need to check out the Alife pumps. They were made out of tennis ball felt and came in five different colors. During my sneaker collecting days, I had eight pairs of them, in four of the five colors. That style is definitely on my Mount Rushmore of favorite shoes ever (dress or casual). The only problem with them is they're almost impossible to keep clean (even harder than suede) and looked HUGE in my size 13... hah.

                  Rarest Color (only 48 made)

                  http://www.kicksonfire.com/rare-kick...alife-ballout/

                  The other four (only 300 of each made, so still ridiculously rare)

                  http://www.limiteditions.org/HomeCourtVictory.html
                  are the kamikazes are bright in real life as the pictures you posted?

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Well this thread got derailed in a hurry...

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                      are the kamikazes are bright in real life as the pictures you posted?
                      They are when they're fully charged. They lose glow strength as they are in the dark without light to charge them, but look like that at the beginning.

                      Originally posted by alan View Post
                      Well this thread got derailed in a hurry...
                      Sorry about that Alan. I don't have any dress shoes with strange combinations of materials/patterns like you've posted. I do know most people on here that wear gym shoes go with basic ones, so these definitely are unusual compared to them. I didn't know it had to be menswear specific.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        I think my only "unusual" shoes are a beat-up pair of Clarks DBs that are about a size too big. I wear them right now for things like working in the garden, shoveling snow, etc., stuff that needs a rugged shoe or boot and that I don't mind getting damaged.

                        I have pretty much just normal boring shoes.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by wsupjs View Post
                          They are when they're fully charged. They lose glow strength as they are in the dark without light to charge them, but look like that at the beginning.



                          Sorry about that Alan. I don't have any dress shoes with strange combinations of materials/patterns like you've posted. I do know most people on here that wear gym shoes go with basic ones, so these definitely are unusual compared to them. I didn't know it had to be menswear specific.
                          No no. You're go. Glow-in-the-dark shoes totally count. It's just turning into a general sneaker thread in a hurry with Reebok pumps, etc. No matter...

                          Comment


                            #28
                            I've got a pair of crocs if that counts? wear them when doing work around the house or yardwork as they have lots of cushioning if i'm standing all day painting or such... they have never been further than the front yard, but probably get more wear than any other footwear I own
                            twitter: @adg_ca
                            instagram: @adg_ca

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Alex View Post
                              I have two pair and wear them regularly (extremely casually obviously) with nice weather. Easily the most comfortable shoes ever.
                              I don't have imgur or photobucket account, but here are the pairs I own;
                              http://www.espadrillestore.com/en/me...ns-espadrilles
                              http://www.espadrillestore.com/en/me...padrilles-grey

                              I'll wear those one day and cowboy boots the next; no boxes for this fella'.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                I was running around yesterday and didn't have much time on a computer, but I wore my kiltys and snapped a pic during my commute. I probably could remove the kilties but they're kinda fun, and the leather is also pretty cheap on these shoes and they cover up a lot of the wrinkling. Also, they are actually part of the tongue so I don't trust that I'd cut them off straight enough and then I'd just have a worst looking shoe.



                                I like espadrilles and don't consider them unusual. True, classic ones aren't something I've delved into yet but I do have a pair of blue Sea Vees slip ons with a jute sole that I wear often in the summer months. I've always wanted a pair of Rivieras, too.

                                Cowboy boots are the one shoe that I'm pretty sure I will never own / try to pull off. And this is coming from a guy who does occasionally wear knee high riding / hunting boots (those could actually probably qualify for this thread as well, now that I think about it...)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X