Unusual shoes that you actually wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual shoes that you actually wear

I thought this might be a fun thread concept. There are plenty of unusual shoes out there - some good and some terrible. We've all seen the unusual shoes on eBay, but I'm more interested in seeing the curiosities in everyone's collections. Remember, this thread is for unusual shoes that YOU actually own AND wear.

I'll go ahead and kick it off. These are my Allen Edmonds Bagleys in "chili" that I'm wearing today. They were discontinued years ago are are relatively obscure to begin with. The angle isn't great, but here's a mental image... They've got a silhouette similar to chukka boots, a brass buckle like single monk straps, double oak soles, and tread on the bottom.

Now, let's see what you all have got! Good or bad, we 're not judging (publicly).

Espadrilles.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
      Espadrilles.
      Pictures! We need pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
        Espadrilles.
        Oh, god no.. lol

Comment

Lol!

Comment

Pictures coming it's damn cold!

Comment

I had some Yoox store credit and these shoes (for some reason?!) were priced extra cheap, so I went ahead and got them. I figured it saved me money since the credit wasn't enough to buy much and would have just been an excuse to buy something more expensive.

They seem silly to me, but in a good way. I guess kilty is kind of trendy now, though? I'm not by them right now, so here is the original pic from the Yoox listing. I will wear them tomorrow in honor of this thread:

Comment

Uh. How much credit?

Comment

They were $36 shipped, I had $32 credit.

Comment

I'll post my own pics if I can ever be bothered, but:

Dior sneakers:

Lanvin puzzle high tops:

Raf Simons Astro high tops:

Needless to say... I don't work :P

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                      Uh. How much credit?
                      LOL!! That was my first thought too! They aren't horrible, and I look forward to seeing those fit pics tomorrow...

Comment

I look forward to it as well, thankfully you didn't spend much. If you can remove the kiltie (kilt?) then I think they'd be fine casual shoes. Regardless, if you pull it off I'll be very impressed.

Mikey, I like all of them. Personally I'd like to see how you wear the Diors because I'm really not liking how they're worn in the pic and they're probably my least favorite of the three. Lanvins are my favorite among the bunch, they look awesome. Just curious, how much do they retail for?

Comment

I don't have any unusual shoes for work or casual wear, but my current basketball shoes are pretty unique.

Comment

^ Now those are sweet. Wish I still had my Pumps from the 90s. :/

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                              ^ Now those are sweet. Wish I still had my Pumps from the 90s. :/
                              Reebok remade the Pumps

Comment

Working...
                              X