Can OTR pant legs be lengthened a bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can OTR pant legs be lengthened a bit?

I almost asked this in an open thread, but I didn't want to hijack it so here it goes:

I have a suit where the pants are just a little short for my taste. I probably could use an extra inch, but even a half inch would help. The pants are OTR. Is there enough material for a tailor to fix this? Thanks in advance.

(If push comes to shove, they still sell the pants, and I can go buy a new pair. I'd just rather not spend the money without exhausting every cheaper option first.)

You will have to look at the inside hems of the pants. Most dress trousers come with an inch or so to spare along the inside hem, which can be let out to lengthen them. Most casual pants, though, only come with a quarter inch or so and really can't be let out. Generally speaking, if you have a choice, it's way simpler to shorten pants that are too long than to lengthen pants that are too short.

Ben

Comment

+1 what BenR said, only to add that while the material may be there, you have to account for the future hem.

So there may be an inch there now, but it's only going to add about a quarter inch in length.

Comment

Working...
      X