Brooks Brothers Slim Fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brooks Brothers Slim Fit

Hey guys, I have been reading this forum for a while now and wanted to ask you guys a question. Does anyone know how the BB Slim Fit is? I am 6', 200 lbs, with an athletic build. The best shirt that fits me OTR is CT 16.5/35 Slim Fit. I see BB has some sport shirts for buy 2, get half off (so really buy 2, get one free) and was looking to try them out as it seems like a sweet deal.

Thx in advance!

Mike

Extra-slim fit is what you want; "slim fit" isn't.

Comment

Ok thx. That is what I thought....too bad they have a slim fit linen shirt half-off right now

Comment

Not so fast.... You're built more like me than a lot of the guys here who are smaller... CT slim fit fit me slightly loose, but well... Those are 16/34. I have one BB slim fit at 15.5/34 and it's slimmer than the CT (could be the slightly smaller size). I'd guess that the BB slim cut would fit you better than the extra-slim.

Comment

Thx Jason. I think I'm going to go to the BB store later today and just try each of them on. When you are 200 lbs and see extra slim-fit, alarms go off in your head ha.

Comment

Mike let me know how they fit. I'm curious as I'm 6' and 190lb with an athletic frame.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Alright; if you don't need the neck to fit (be buttonable), it's more possible to make it work.

Comment

I tried some on a few weeks ago during their sale. I am 5'10 200, so we are close. I was trying on 16.5/34 and the extra slim wasn't even as slim as the Nordstrom trim fits I like. I also own a BB 16.5/34 normal slim that I thrifted that is not slim fit at all. I only wear it under sweaters and stuff (I am today) because it balloons around the waist.

at 16.5 neck I think you would definitely want extra slim, and that might not even be good enough. I swear shirtmakers just assume us larger neck guys are huge

Comment

Thx for the input guys. Just got back from the field test. I only tried on the sport shirts; I didn't want to be a pain since online has a much better selection and wasn't going to waste too much of the employee's time. The extra slim fit really well on me, and I could button the top button up comfortably. The slim fit was a little billowy in the sides, and probably would have needed some tailoring.

Hardrain; I hear ya. I guess they don't think anyone works out???

Comment

Yeah I went with the extra slim fit, the slim fit was boxy on me. And I'm not that thin: 6'2.5 @ 228lbs. I wear 17/35 in them.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Seems consistent with what others have said about BB's slim fit not being...slim.

Comment

+1 on the endorsement of BB's Extra Slim Fits -- just picked up a dress shirt, two OCBDs, and a sport shirt in their most recent sale and they're probably some of the best fitting OTR shirts I've seen. Fit is very similar to the Express shirts, but much higher quality, plus, made in America. Sleeves are a little billowy up top and could be thinned, but fit is great through the chest and stomach. 5'9", 145 lbs, 37ish chest. Pricey, but definitely worth it if you can catch 'em on sale.

Comment

In my experience, I think the ESF is more of a real slim fit than an athletic fit. Broad shouldered people -- don't even bother.

Also, they create a weird "muffin-top" sort of effect due to the fact that the shirts taper out at the waist for some bizarre reason.

Comment

Working...
                          X