Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frost
    replied

Ah.. a fellow attackmen. I purchased the same jacket about a month ago. First one I ordered was too small (I got a 40S in attempt to save on tailoring, which fit me like a little brother's jacket.. then received one with a messed up rear vent (just bad luck on that I guess). Finally got the replacement today, and I'm very happy with it. Very comfortable and versatile.

Leave a comment:

• laxattackdog
    replied

I went with the first one. I've been looking for a nice sportcoat for a while and I was able to get this at $186 with the final sale code (even though it's not a final sale item).

Thanks for your help. I'm looking forward to finally having a blazer that I like and feel fits me well.

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

I own that first one and I'm a big fan. After trying out both in person I did like the material better--it's a lighter, less prickly tweed when compared to the herringbone one. I got the sides taken in a bit and now I wear it all the time. I don't think that anything at J Crew is really worth full retail but if you can get it at a good discount (like now) I think it is a much better alternative than the cheaper options presented.

You can see it here too: http://www.primermagazine.com/2011/s...nice-sportcoat

Leave a comment:

• dchun
    replied

First one gets my vote!

I have a very similar jacket from jcrew to that one, it might even be the same one. I have to check.

the material is much lighter than normal tweed. its much softer and easier to move in. I was little unsure about the lightness of the color but I think it makes sense for versatility.

I ended up getting the vent closed by my tailor. a personal preference of course.

Leave a comment:

• laxattackdog
    replied

I've looked at that Gap Herringbone blazer (it says out of stock but I'm assuming that's what you linked too) a lot but I've never seen it in my size. They have been out of everything other than like 46R for like a month now. I'm looking for a 36s and I've tried on the Ludlow fit before and I know it fits very well everywhere but the sleeves are a tad long.

The Macys one looks pretty nice too I just tend to have trouble finding 36s in store or online there.

Leave a comment:

• Tat
    replied

I picked up a very similar jacket over new years sale at macys.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/bar-iii-jacket-charcoal-blazer-slim-fit?ID=596607&CategoryID=16499&LinkType=#fn=BRAND% 3DBar%20III%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D3%26ruleId%3D66%26slo tId%3D2

I'm very pleased with it, specially when I combined coupons to receive this 350 price tag at measly 99. Its very unstructured with very very minimal shoulder padding, and for 99 dollars, it feels great, has a nice tweed feel. Looks great with black pants, lighter grey pants, blue ect. Even jeans.

Leave a comment:

• Acousticfoodie
    replied

Here is a cheaper alternative if you are interested. Its fitted enough to no need tailoring me:

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...d=1&pid=874333

Leave a comment:

• laxattackdog
    replied

Thanks I was already leaning towards the lighter one so I'm leaning more heavily now. I'll make a final decision tomorrow.

Any backers for the darker herringbone pattern out there?

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied

I think mid grey is the better option of the two. You can rock mid grey with just about anything, including black pants, while charcoal with black would look a little funky.

Leave a comment:

• Cannon
    replied

I agree. Lighter is easier in this case, but both are great looking.

Leave a comment:

• jason_carreira
    replied

I'd say the first. The lighter grey will be easier to pair IMO and I really like the texture.

Leave a comment:

• laxattackdog
    started a topic Which J.Crew Sportcoat?

Which J.Crew Sportcoat?

So I've been looking for a nice tweed or herringbone sportcoat for a while now and I've finally narrowed it down to these two. I've been going back and forth on which one to get so I want some more opinions.

This one in heather charcoal?

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_special_sizes/tall/sportcoatsouterwear/PRDOVR~17972/99102114975/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~20+16+4294967206~15~~ ~~~~~/17972.jsp

Or this one in charcoal herringbone?

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_special_sizes/extrasmall/sportcoatsouterwear/PRDOVR~17569/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~20+16+4294967206~15~~ ~~~~~/17569.jsp

Which would be more versatile? This will be my main cool weather blazer. I feel like the shoulders seem a little more relaxed on the tweed and the material seems to be a little less stiff on the tweed, but I really like the herringbone pattern as well. Any advice?

Working...
X