Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good pair of casual Chino's (affordable)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good pair of casual Chino's (affordable)

Any Ideas? Something slim ish preferably.

My sister just got these tuck out old navy plaid/ box felt shirts , but all my pants are too formal to go with them.

Thanks!

Dockers D1, Lands End Canvas and Bonobos can be had for $40-60 if you can stack on some coupons or gift codes.

Comment

I ordered a pair of LEC slim-fit chinos that should be arriving today. I'll post back and let you know what I think of the fit/quality/etc. Got them for something like $17 with a sale and a coupon code stacking together.

Ben

Comment

I'm interested to know too - I'm only recommending them off hearsay. I have one pair each of the other two brands, and I much prefer Bonobos (the washed chino). My rump gets many a compliment from the ladiez because of them and I don't know if I can bring myself to buy another brand at this point. But for ~88 dollars, I don't plan on buying them often.

Comment

Just grabbed a pair of red washed chinos by Merona (Target) for less than $30. Merona calls them "tailored." My initial reaction when trying them on is that they are slim not skinny. Obviously, they have regular khaki colors too.

I'll report back when I wear them later this week.

Comment

I like my gap slim fit khakis, they are about 35 with current code.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...d=1&pid=757376

Comment

Ok, my LEC chinos came in the mail. First of all, I'm glad they fit because I've never gotten anything from LEC before so I was guesstimating on size. I bought my "true" size, 31x30, based on the reviews and comments I've heard about them. They are pretty true to size, 1" smaller in the waist than the size I normally get in my Levi's 514s. For more of a slim/skinny look I could probably have even sized down to a 30x30 but "skinny" is not my cup of tea. The feel is great, very soft but still substantial. Fit is awesome as well. They're not tight or constricting in the thigh/seat but they have a nice, slim leg and taper. The leg opening is maybe a hair smaller than I would normally prefer, but it's plenty wide to slide over a pair of boots.

Anyway, I obviously can't speak to longevity/durability, but my first impressions are very favorable.

Here's a pic (also wearing the oxford shirt that arrived with the chinos - hence the wrinkles). Do not attempt to adjust your monitor, my legs and badonk really are that enormous.

Ben

Comment

The LEC's look good. I kick myself for not picking up a pair when the whole store was 40% off before Christmas.

Comment

My casual chinos are L.L. Bean's 1912 Chinos, Standard Fit Plain Front. Low rise, straight through the legs, good midweight cotton and construction. Usually $45, can be snagged for less during sales. Color selection is usually better, but I only see three at the moment. Probably need to wait till spring before more colors and some price drops can be seen.

Comment

another for Dockers D1, Gap slim fit khakis or bonobos.

Comment

I like Bonobos. Stacking coupons is a must for them to be affordable tho. However, if you are on budget Old Navy actually has pretty good chinos for 15 dollars during sales.

Comment

Dockers Alpha Khakis can be had at a decent price if you wait for a sale. I have 3 pair and love them. Some people complain about them being too slim, but I have toothpicks for legs so they fit me perfect.

Comment

Working...
                        X