Old Navy Herringbone Blazer with Brown shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Navy Herringbone Blazer with Brown shoes

I picked up the ON herringbone blazer a few years ago on sale and love it. Here is a link to the Dappered article.

http://dappered.com/2010/11/old-navy-wool-mix-herringbone-blazer-review/

My question is can this be worn with brown? I want to take this to Veagas as my only piece of outerwear but I am only bringing brown shoots and likely jeans and khaki chinos.

Thoughts?

I see no problem with it, but what do I know. I'm from Texas. :-)

Comment

Should be fine

Comment

The primary color appears to be gray unless it looks different in person. In which case, brown of most any shade is good to go.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

This chart illustrates which colors go with which shoes. The chart was designed for pants, but it works with jackets too (But you are a braver man than me if you wear a white denim jacket

Comment

^ Black shoes won't go with a dark blue suit? Am I read that right?

Comment

I wouldn't do it. I'll leave the navy pants and the black shoes to the marines.

Comment

I think black shoes and dark blue are fine, just not that interesting. Same goes for olive in my opinion.

Comment

Except that the Marines ditched their awesome dress blues and now only wear a horrible, bastardized combination of the dress blues and dress whites.

http://www.beardface.com/files/news_images/marine_dress_blues.jpg

Personally I think navy blue and black go fine together. I know some people who would actually vehemently oppose navy and brown together. The rest of the chart seems accurate to me.

Ben

Comment

ChrisW, thank you for that. And to think I have a copy of that chart on my desktop.

Comment

@bremersm: You are welcome!

The danger with navy clothes and black shoes is that it can look like you messed up and thought you were wearing black pants/jacket. However I also love navy and brown together, so to each their own.

That's why I own a pair of grey wingtip boots, 'cos they go with everything

Comment

Damn Joe posting those Navy JCrew blazers on clearance! This was my month not to buy clothes but I would love a navy blazer for the Spring. Must resist until February. Trying to follow the resolutions.

Comment

There's a reason it is suggested that if you have one suit it should be charcoal or navy, and that is because of versatility. Although I prefer burgundy over black and brown with navy.

Comment

I disagree about navy and black looking like a mistake. While it might be not very interesting, it is about as traditional a business combination as one can get.

Comment

This is sorta off topic but do you know if Old navy carries that wool sport coat every fall/winter? or was it just for that one year?

Comment

Working...
                              X