No announcement yet.

Hmmm...having difficulty figuring out how to remove stiching for pocket square

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm...having difficulty figuring out how to remove stiching for pocket square

One of the things I've learned is to start using pocket squares for my blazers but I am have a difficult time getting the stiching of the pocket separated. Is this something normally done by alterations?

No you just have to pull the thread out. Usually there is a gap where you can work a finger in. Be careful and you should be fine.

Comment

There should be a single (or possibly 2) threads holding it shut. I'd be cautious about cutting it straight through with a knife, though. Just in case you cut too far. What I've done before is start it by making a single cut of the tread near one end and then work my way down, pulling the thread out with something pointy like an ice pick. That's probably an awful explanation...

Comment

Get a seam ripper and just work your way down the line. I can imagine that using a finger could damage some of the fabric if you pull too hard..

I use a seam ripper a few times a month and feel like it's been a worthwhile investment for 2$ or whatever they cost.

Comment

seam ripper...alluneed...

Comment

I just carefully stick my leatherman blade down there.

Comment

You can find seam rippers in any $2 pocket sewing kits. Got one at Walgreens this summer.

But like Shawn, I shoved half a scissors in and cut the threads pretty easily.

Comment

Working...
              X