Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nicholascrawford
    replied

This ON version, as opposed to their Classic V-Neck Tee, claims to hit below the waist. Both are described as fitted through the body. http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=54476&vid=2&pid=898232

This is what I ordered from ON in October:

Men's Long-Sleeve V-Neck Tee (has grey stitching around the neck - kind of a buzz kill for a dress situation unless I'm wearing a tie)

Bright White M Tall 10.00 1 10.00

Men's Classic V-Neck Tees (still plenty long enough for me)

White M Tall 7.00 2 14.00

Men's Classic Tees

White M Tall 7.00 1 7.00

Men's Sueded Jersey Tee 3-Pa (I liked this - grey, black and navy, long sleeves, good for layering)

Multi M Tall 30.00 1 30.00

Men's Lightweight Sueded Jer (Huh...I think I lost this one already)

Iron Gray Heat M Tall 10.00 1 10.00

I work outdoors for a living in Wisconsin and often wear 2+ layers of long underwear, a long sleeve shirt, sweater, plus a jacket and lined jeans. I'm 6'1", 145 lbs. Sleeve length is 35". All these sleeves are plenty long enough except the first one that has shrunk up with the hot water washes.

Leave a comment:

• jicarv
    replied

YackoYak, the Heather Colors are 60/40.

Do you guys think the Iron Gray Heather color is too dark to wear under a dress shirt?

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=625491022

Leave a comment:

• YackoYak
    replied

Sorry about the Small Talls, I didn't check that. I linked to the wrong shirt, this one is 100% cotton:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?searchCID=68131&vid=2&pid=625491&scid=6 25491022

They used to carry more colors. It would be a real shame if ON is phasing these out for the 60/40 blend.

Leave a comment:

• redbeardedmike
    replied

YackoYak, the linked tee is 60/40 cotton/poly (incidentally, the same as the Mossimos at Target). Are the ones you bought a different make-up?

Also, the talls only come in medium and larger, so no small talls.

Leave a comment:

• mystix
    replied

I found some Hanes premium undershirts at target on my trip to Buffalo last week. They are grey and have a vneck and fit very well. They are very soft and fit close to the body. The going rate is $13 for 2 which is acceptable to me.

Leave a comment:

• YackoYak
    replied

Old Navy. I'm 6'1" 210lbs (42 Jacket, 34-36 pants)and the M or M Tall classic v-neck tee fits me well. $4 on sale. Lots of colors (I have mostly light and heather gray). Tagless, super soft, and the right thickness (to me). Most are 100% cotton though some colors have a touch (2%) of poly:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?searchCID=68131&vid=1&pid=898232&scid=8 98232002

I realize these are not premium but they are the best shirt I've found under $10 (better than Jockey, Hanes, Kirkland, CK, haven't tired Mossimo). If you are particularly slim, try a Small Tall? For $4, I think it's worth a shot. I also agree that undershirts are meant to be disposable. On particularly lazy days I've even worn my gray v necks straight out of bed - just threw jeans on and ran out of the house. Can't do that with Hanes.

Leave a comment:

• mtoddm
    replied

I have had good luck with Calvin Klein. Jockey just came out with a tagless trim fit shirt but I have only been able to find them on their website.

Leave a comment:

• OnlyShawn
    replied

What's under my shirts fits me as close as possible: my skin.

Leave a comment:

• Cannon
    replied

I don't like Jockey btw. Hanes is iffy for me. I think Mossimo has the trim, light, and comfy characteristics. Definitely a slimmer fit than any other undershirts I have worn, though, not like tank top slim or UnderArmor tight, but just a nice tailored T-shirt IMO.

Leave a comment:

• frost
    replied

I was looking for something that fit more comfortably when I originally started this thread. If that translates to "premium" then so be it. Case in point, the majority of undershirts sold come in 3 packs, fit like a box, and eventually learn to untuck themselves, especially on slimmer guys. Retailers have finally started to design trimmer fit dress shirts, an idea which inexplicably took a number of decades to catch on. I imagine the next logical step would involve better fitting basics, including undershirts. To the best of my knowledge, the ribbedtee offering is the only available option for someone in search of a fitted undershirt short of surrendering to the aforementioned tank top lines of your standard wife beater that practically glow under any light colored dress shirt.

Leave a comment:

• bruschetta
    replied

Premium undershirts are not worthwhile. An undershirt is a piece of clothing that is guaranteed to wear quickly relative to the rest of your wardrobe. Also, because they are directly on your armpits they will pick up stains. An undershirt has a 1 year life at a maximum.

Hanes makes great quality undershirts. Calvin Klein's materials are okay, but they're enormous and don't wear well. The target Merona brand is also a decent alternative, but it has a very small "V" so it's only wearable if you wear a tie.

Leave a comment:

• Cannon
    replied

Banana Republic or Target's Mossimo are my picks. Mossimo has a fantastic fitted cut that I love. Wish I could combine the fit with BR's materials.

Leave a comment:

• frost
    replied

I find the Jockey's / Hanes / Fruit of the Loom / Target brand to be mostly interchangeable.

The ribbedtee classic are in fact "ribbed." They're designed to fit "snug" like a wife beater. You're essentially getting the feel of a wife beater without the Tony Spaghetti tank top lines under your dress shirt. They have less of a tendency to bunch up at your waist line after sitting and standing a number of times the way your standard "box-cut" t-shirts do on me.

Jason mentions he is 5'11" and wears a 30" inseam, which makes his sizing a bit unique. I'm 5'9" and wear a 30" inseam as well, which would explain why clothes that are "boxy" on me may fit differently on him.

Leave a comment:

• jason_carreira
    replied

Sorry, don't remember the details too much on the cost and I got them on a ridiculously good sale at L&T. I bought true to size (Medium) and they fit me pretty well. Then again, I'm a bit more boxy than a lot of you guys too They were pretty standard in body length and long enough for me with my long torso. For reference I'm 5'11" or so and my 30" inseam is the same as my girlfriends' and she's like 5'4".

I didn't see grey when I was getting them, but I was also choosing from the sale selection so I don't know if they exist.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Jason - Curious about the length of the body too. When sizing down, they can get way too short.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X