Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Express Producer pants on sale - my thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Express Producer pants on sale - my thoughts.

Express's twill Producer pant is $39.99 after taking 20% off the sale price. I like the pair that I have with one caveat - the pants were just a touch too short for me. Their 32x34s were just grazing the tops of my shoes instead of breaking like I prefer. Matter of taste, I suppose. But I dropped them off at the tailor yesterday. Ah the true cost of sale prices..

I think they're a great value and are very flexible. You can wear them with most any dress shirt or sweater, and I like having a step up from chinos. The Producer fit is a great straight leg look, versus the much tighter Photographer pant. Bunch of sizes available with free shipping over $50.

I bought an Express suit last year while it was marked down to something ridiculous. I returned the jacket, which had a wonky fit, but kept the pants to wear as dress trousers. They look nice, the fit is ok, but to be honest the material feels a little cheap to me. Thin and flimsy and synthetic, even though the ones I got were a wool blend. They were ok for the price, which was severely marked-down from full retail, but nothing to write home about.

I normally wear a 31x30 or a 31x32 but I got the producer in a 30x30 and the fit is just about perfect.

Ben

Comment

Certainly not worth $70. I wish the fabric were thicker, but the look and fit overall are great. Where's the middle ground? A thicker fabric for $10 more instead of being $100 more!

Comment

i actually dont like the Producer anymore, I got a pair a while back and noticed the opening at the ankle was huge. It had to have been like a 9 - 10 inch opening lol...Yes, the waist fit and the thigh was ok but i feel they forgot to taper the legs

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
        I>0<I

Comment

My suggestion would be to buy the 50% off deals for Bonobos and wait for them to have a sale. Then you can get their pants for roughly the same price

Comment

Good tip. I will have to pay more attention to the Bonobos discussions. Seems like their fit is controversial!

Comment

Nicholas, the Bonobos fit definitely depends on your frame and the fit you are looking for. I found them too baggy (even sized down), but with their rockin return policy you really have nothing to lose.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Hmmm...I never tried the bonobos pants but I got my Sebago Beacons from there and although I missed out on a camel-haired LEwis or Clark blazer I'm slowly becoming a big fan of what they offer. As lame as it sounds, their pants just seem "fun." I don't know if it's the colors, the company, or the style names but if fun is what they are aiming for, they're succeeding with me and I'm sure other interested customers.

Comment

Working...
                X