Pants for men with large thighs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pants for men with large thighs

I have a 36" waist and 28" thighs. I'm in the market for jeans as well as casual grey and khaki pants. I've tried all types of Levis and Dockers and the thigh is to tight and/ or the rise is to high and is going up my butt. Please help. I do plan on loosing weight in my thighs but I still want to wear pants now. I don't want to spend more than $60. Thank you for any help given.

I've had a lot of luck with the Urban Slim line from J.Crew. They're slim fitting pants that give plenty of room for my meatier thighs and butt. I've got 3 pairs of the Urban Slim Fit Chinos and a pair of the jeans (which are admittedly tighter than the chinos -- working on breaking them in), but they're the only slim fitting pants I've found that look good without strangling anything. Can usually find them around $35 if you keep an eye on the sales

Comment

Originally posted by Saporitoe View Post
      I've had a lot of luck with the Urban Slim line from J.Crew. They're slim fitting pants that give plenty of room for my meatier thighs and butt. I've got 3 pairs of the Urban Slim Fit Chinos and a pair of the jeans (which are admittedly tighter than the chinos -- working on breaking them in), but they're the only slim fitting pants I've found that look good without strangling anything. Can usually find them around $35 if you keep an eye on the sales
      +1 I have 26" thighs with a 33" waist and I like the fit on these too. Sometimes I have to go up to a 34 (it seems that some colors run smaller than others?), but they seem well made and when they're on sale I think they're a pretty good value.
      Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

I'm in a similar boat and the BR Kentfields could be a good fit and the cotton ones are at about 25$ mark right now.

Comment

Originally posted by pratyk View Post
          I'm in a similar boat and the BR Kentfields could be a good fit and the cotton ones are at about 25$ mark right now.
          I'll second the Kentfields, I have 4 different pairs and they fit perfect. I'm a 35x30 with large thighs, the Kentfields are slim without being constrictive.

For more casual chino's I'll recommend the Gap Lived-In Straight Chino and the J. Crew Sun-Washed Chino in Classic Fit (40% off in clearance right now on the JC site.)

Comment

Levis 508 fit are tapered with extra room in the thigh but slim down towards the calf. Super comfortable and can be cheap online.

Comment

I suggest the levis 513s. They are a slim straight fit with some flex in the jean material. Very comfortable and an be had between 25-40 depending on sales.

Comment

28" thigh is huge. Probably going to stay away from slim fits. 514 and 501 levis for jeans. Gap khaki straight fit might work. I doubt urban slim and alphas are going to work for you.

Comment

Actually J.Crew urban slim fit are cut pretty generous in the thigh/butt area. Alphas and 514s, not so much. I have to size up in both of those styles.

508s will probably work well, since they are basically a 501 with a tapered lower leg.

If your thighs are really so big that you can't find well-fitting off-the-track trousers, I think you may need to consider sizing up to accommodate your thighs, and having the waist taken in.

P.S. Welcome to the freakishly thick thighs club.
                  Ben

Comment

I never felt the 514's were too slim in the thigh. I'm only a 25" thigh though.

The 508's get a bit tight in the calve for me not sure how big your calves are.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post

I had the same experience with the 508s.
                      Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                        I never felt the 514's were too slim in the thigh. I'm only a 25" thigh though.

I have 27" thighs and the 514's fit me fine.

Comment

Working...
                        X