OldNavy/BR/Gap/Etc $25 gift card, what to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldNavy/BR/Gap/Etc $25 gift card, what to buy

Someone gave me an $25 Old Navy gift card for Christmas. I was gonna roll up there and get some cheap fleece pants + a thin hoodie (for layering), but I read the back of the card and it's usable in any of the GAP Inc stores (ie. Banana Republic, GAP, Piperlime). What would you buy?

Thanks

GAP should have some pretty good scarves that you could pick up if you're in need of a new one for winter.

Comment

This.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...&redirect=true

Comment

Second the toggle coat suggestion. I tried one on in person this fall and it seemed like a surprisingly high quality, well-fitting piece for the price.

Honestly, there is a ton of stuff worth getting from the Gap stores. It all just depends on what you're looking for. Gap has some pretty good slim fit shirts and I know a lot of people rave about their jeans. BR is always a good spot to pick up some cashmere or merino-blend sweaters. Old Navy is a good place to get cheap basics, like the layering hoodie you mentioned, as well as their new slim-fit line of pants. If you're a sports fan, their league-affiliated t-shirts are really awesome - great fit, comfy material, simple designs, and some of the cheapest licensed merchandise you'll find.

Ben

Comment

I would probably wait for a GAP sale and get something cool at a deep discount. GAP also has colorful socks. Or use it to knock some of the price off of a BR sweater.

Comment

BR has "extra fine merino wool" sweaters on clearance for $41. It is 30% off of clearance right now, and if you can find a coupon code, you can knock a little more off. I own 2 and they are a great staple.

Comment

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=48910&vid=2&pid=888241

^ I picked those up on Monday and I'm wearing them now. They are pretty sweet. Not many sizes left online, but there were plenty at my store.

At my own request I was also given three (count 'em... three) pairs of Old Navy corduroy pants for Christmas. I absolutely LOVE them. Comfortable, stylish and as good a fit as any pants I've ever purchased off the rack. Very slimming but not too tight - they look like they were custom made for me (not my opinion - feedback I've gotten from others).

If Old Navy doesn't float your boat, I would co-sign Jose and wait for some sales at the Gap. You really can't go wrong doing that.

Comment

There's a 30% off sale at Gap now with code GAPSPRING

Comment

Working...
                X