Bonobos Cashmere sweater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonobos Cashmere sweater

Anyone have a take on these? There's a 30% code on sale and the cashmere sweaters are down from $240 to $75. I live in FL so sweaters arent too necessary but I figured if I'm gonna have one I'll have a cashmere one.

Is it real Cashmere?

Comment

Bonobos is 100% cashmere. Never have seen one not sure on quality. They have a great return policy might be worth a shot.

Comment

If you get one, check back in and let us know about the quality after you've worn it a few times. Via PTO:

"As the cashmere market has exploded over the past fifteen years or so, the breadth of quality available has expanded dramatically. All cashmere is not created equal. Cashmere’s quality depends on the quality of the fiber, the quality of the milling, and the quality of the garment’s construction. Don’t fool yourself into thinking that there’s no difference.

Good cashmere is made from the longest fibers. It is dense, resilient and lightweight (though it may be offered in multiple layers, or plys). The texture should almost approach a cotton jersey. It will also (new) be a little less soft than the cheap stuff. The short fibers in cheap cashmere are loose right from the start, so they feel soft to the touch. They’ll pill and tear. The best cashmere feels smooth as much as it feels soft. Go to a super-fancy store, and touch some Loro Piana branded cashmere, and you’ll get a feeling for what I’m talking about."

Comment

I doubt they are premium cashmere, given the information Fred posted.

However, I bet they are more than serviceable. At $240, you can't expect premium cashmere, but it'll work the handful of times a year you need a sweater.

Comment

I chickened out and just got a merino wool one marked down from $38 to $26. Even though $70 is relatively cheap for cashmere it's just too hard to justify spending that on a sweater in FL. It's 86 degrees as I type this so even the wool one might've been a bad buy

Comment

Working...
            X