Tissot business-worthy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tissot business-worthy?

Hey guys, looking for a bit of feedback. I've been eyeing this Tissot watch for some months now, and am thinking about picking it up as a post-X-mas present to myself. I'm a college student who will be joining the corporate world soon--is this watch appropriate for interviews and daily use on-the-job (consulting)? Feedback is much appreciated--alternative suggestions are also welcome (only leather bands). Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Tissot-Mens-T1...cmu_pg__header

yeah, should be fine. Looks nice, more of a sporty watch, but with the black leather strap it's suitable enough for the work world. You have a watch, and it's not digital, so you're miles ahead of most kids at this point

Comment

Your watch probably won't matter, but a dress watch would be a lot more minimalist in the dial

Comment

Thanks fellas, I appreciate the input.

Comment

That's a nice looking watch and I see no reason why anyone would find it objectionable as a dress watch. Obviously, the leather band makes it more dressy, but it's not even necessary.

It looks like a classic chrono and even if it had a stainless steel band, it would look fine. Just as the rules of bluchers vs balmorals with suits have been relaxed recently, a stainless steel band is perfectly acceptable as a dress watch to anyone but the most conservative people.

Comment

Well... another thing to consider is that, in any really high-powered business meeting, you will likely be wearing a long-sleeved shirt and probably a jacket as well. No one's really going to see your watch in the most formal situations, only in more informal settings when you're wearing a short-sleeved shirt or you've rolled your sleeves back.

In other words, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Ben

Comment

Ben, I would tend to agree that it would seem logical that in most cases you wouldn't normally notice a person's watch under a long-sleeved shirt. But in my experience, most men's sleeves ride up enough in meetings that you can see their watch. Or maybe they're trying to show them off.

At work, I see plenty of Rolex divers/Daytonas, garish Breitlings, and IWC Portuguese chronos. I very rarely see what is normally considered a clean-faced "dress watch", really ever.

Comment

Wes,

I dig the Tissot watch you've posted. It looks perfect for a business-casual environment (one in which I work, so this went directly on my Amazon wish list). If you're looking for a "dress" watch, I've had my eye on this one for a while now. It is not a chrono mind you, but it is a very understated and elegant watch perfect for suiting up and a little easier on the wallet than the Tissot.

http://www.amazon.com/Ted-Baker-TE10...=364KWZDUKTI5O

Comment

Working...
                X