Long sleeve under polo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long sleeve under polo?

I was wondering what the general consensus was on wearing a thermal or long sleeve t shirt under a polo shirt in the colder months. Acceptable or not?

I think it's fine for casual and weekend wear, but it does have a certain preppy/frat boy effect. So stay away from trucker hats (says the guy wearing one right now... >_>;, ripped/whiskered jeans, etc., and make sure the polo fits and doesn't have a big logo on it, and you should be fine.

Ben

Comment

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing but just wanted to bounce the idea off you fine gentlemen here

Comment

I probably wouldn't do it.

Comment

I've stopped doing that. Except sometimes at work (I work outdoors) where I don't care as much.

Comment

I just buy long sleeve polos. so nice. winter staple for sure

Comment

The fact that my 12-year-old self is all for this is probably a bad sign. I wouldn't call it "bad" by any means but it does strike me as a dated '90's look.

Comment

I wear long sleeve shirts under short sleeve shirts under long sleeve shirts.

Comment

Another option is to wear the polo shirt under the long-sleeve shirt. I've worn a polo under a henley before and I think it looks kind of interesting, like the weird cousin of the button-down under the v-neck sweater.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...-25-2011-1.jpg

Ben

Comment

Working...
                  X