Chambray shirt/ Tweed combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chambray shirt/ Tweed combo

So I was thinking that my grey herringbone tweed would like good this time of year with Chambray. But the Chambray shirt that I have is a like jcrew shirt that I usually just wear in the spring/summer.
    http://www.jcrew.com/mens_special_sh...romSearch=true

I'm going out, so I was thinking my wool grey slacks, but didn't know if they are too dressy to pair with my chambray and should wear a jean or chino instead.

Thoughts? I was thinking of wearing a neutral tie of some sorts.

Originally posted by Cornflake View Post
    So I was thinking that my grey herringbone tweed would like good this time of year with Chambray. But the Chambray shirt that I have is a like jcrew shirt that I usually just wear in the spring/summer.
    http://www.jcrew.com/mens_special_sh...romSearch=true

I'm going out, so I was thinking my wool grey slacks, but didn't know if they are too dressy to pair with my chambray and should wear a jean or chino instead.

Thoughts? I was thinking of wearing a neutral tie of some sorts.
    I like the idea of the fabric combination, but I think that that specific styled work shirt may be a bit too casual for dress trousers. You'd probably have an easier time if it was the standard button-down styled chambray shirt, and not the dual chest pocket classic work shirt.

With the jacket, hell yes, but you said it best in your OP, go with denim or chinos.

Comment

Both chambray and light denim shirts go well with tweed; however, I agree that a work shirt would be hard to pull off with a sport coat. The texture of your dress wool trousers may be too fine to pair with tweed, but
      if those wool trousers are twill you've got a winning combination.

Comment

BR has a suitable, or at least tweedable, chambray shirt on sale for 40% off at the moment.

Comment

I would suggest you to go for denim.

Comment

This Nordstrom shirt has become my go-to dressy denim shirt

Comment

That is dang near perfect. I'm ordering one today!

Comment

Working...
              X