Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new shoes are killing me! What should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new shoes are killing me! What should I do?

I just bought a brand new pair of Massimo Emporio's from Macy's. Beautiful cap-toe's but after wearing them today--my first day at work with them on--they're absolutely killing my feat! What should I do?

Is there anything I CAN do or do these $200 babies need to just get put on eBay?

Depends. Are they the wrong size, or is it just a breaking in question?

Comment

They're not the wrong size. It must be a breaking in, but honestly, I've never had this much pain breaking shoes in.

Is there anything that can be done to accelerate the process without ruining the shoes? Leather softener or something?

Comment

Maybe some leather conditioner and wear them while they're drying?

Comment

give them 5-7 wears. I have a pair of Gordon Rush dress shoes, and they killed my pinky toe for the first 5 wears or so. I am on my feet a quite often at work.

I concur with JC's suggestion, I did leather mine twice within those 5 wears to help soften the leather.

Comment

What area of your foot is hurting; heel, arch, toes?

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Meltonian-Shoe.../dp/B002TECJN6

Comment

Two methods have worked for me:

1) Wearing slightly damp, thick winter socks and walking around at home with the shoes to break in. Afterward, I'd stick in shoe trees and let em dry for at least 2 days.

2) Using the Meltonian Shoe Stretcher that Bookman recommended for shoes that need a bit more than breaking in. I'd spray the inside and outside and wear em with dry winter socks. I'd highly recommend keeping some Lexol conditioner handy in case the spray (roughly half alcohol, half water) dries out the leather.

Comment

If your toes just feel like they're being crunched together wear them with thick socks around your house for a while. They'll be better after that.

Comment

If pain is in the toe box area try the next 1/2 size larger as the toebox can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer or from style to style e.g. round toe versus pointed toe

Comment

Working...
                    X