Bonobos vs Brooks Brothers Pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonobos vs Brooks Brothers Pants

Can anyone speak to the quality of Bonobos wool pants versus the quality of Brooks Brothers Wool pants? I have several pairs of BB gabardine wool pants/trousers and would like a more modern, better fitting style, so I am looking at Bonobos. I am just worried that their quality won't be as good as BB gabardine wool that I already wear. The BB also don't wrinkle readily, so that is another concern I have before dropping the cash (with a groupon and a promo code, of course) on the Bonobos pants. Recommendations? Comments?

My Bonobos are very good quality and don't wrinkle much at all. I've got all wool pants from them, so no experience with the denim, chinos, etc.

Comment

While the quality and cut are there, the Bonobos wool pants won't last as long and will wrinkle more than your BB wool pants for one simple reason: they aren't gabardine. Gabardine is one of the toughest weaves out there and assuming that you treat all the pants equally, your BB pants will have fewer wrinkles in a day and hold out longer over time. Of course, there's a trade-off: gabardine wool also tends to be one of the hardest weaves to make, making it more expensive (one of the reasons why Burberry stopped using it to make their trench coats).

As long as you stay away from the tropical weight wool pants, Bonobos pants' wool are fairly hardy too and wrinkling won't be noticeable unless you are paying attention to it. Just remember to steam before using again and you should be fine. Either way, both Bonobos and BB wool pants give you the bang for the buck, just in different ways.

Comment

Great question, Jim. I've got some of both, and I prefer Bonobos, but then again I work there.

The BB pair I really like is a pair of heavy wool plaids, is generously cut, and I feel kinda like a grandpa in them, but I'm ok with that on this particular ultra conservative look and I think the quality is good. I got them at a discount and ended up paying just over a hundred bucks.

My Bonobos are a better fit, and I honestly do think they look an awful lot better and are of higher quality, but again, I work there so I'm at least a little biased.

We built our return policy and free shipping policy around making it easy for guys to try us out without much risk. Give me or the ninjas a shout if we can answer any other questions or help out with anything. I'm @johnbonbos on twitter, and their email is [email protected].

Comment

Thanks, John! Didn't see your reply until just now. Thanks for the information. I just bought some game keepers and I am going to get them altered soon. Think I will go for some work day wools next.

Comment

Working...
          X