Chino Kickstarter - Barley & Britches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chino Kickstarter - Barley & Britches

Hey guys, saw this kickstarter started today, thought some of you might be interested. $38 bucks for a good pair of chinos seems like a fair gamble.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...everyday-chino

In for one myself.

Stumbling upon a kickstarter.... and one that you backed.... for your first post...

You can just say you started a kickstarter project. May want to add actual sizing dimensions to the description. Posting close ups is great and all, but what are the actual dimensions of the thigh? Ankle? Are they straight fit, slim fit, etc. I'd probably also recommend some color correction on your images. The vintage khaki looks like a different color in nearly every picture. As does rust brown. Might also want to reconsider the red button holes. It might be subtle, but I think some people would prefer it the same color; especially on the green color. Also, what about the socks? Pics?

Comment

Agree with everything mdwsta said

I might also add that sticking to the standards, that being khaki, navy, and grey, is a must, as most people, especially on this forum, won't be seeking bright blue or purple chinos.

Comment

To be fair, we just had a big thing on kickstarter a few days ago, so maybe that motivated him to no longer lurk.

Personally, those chinos look way to slim for a guy of my dimensions (read: thick), and without dimensions posted it's impossible for me to even investigate.

Comment

Originally posted by mdwsta4 View Post
          Stumbling upon a kickstarter.... and one that you backed.... for your first post...

You can just say you started a kickstarter project. May want to add actual sizing dimensions to the description. Posting close ups is great and all, but what are the actual dimensions of the thigh? Ankle? Are they straight fit, slim fit, etc. I'd probably also recommend some color correction on your images. The vintage khaki looks like a different color in nearly every picture. As does rust brown. Might also want to reconsider the red button holes. It might be subtle, but I think some people would prefer it the same color; especially on the green color. Also, what about the socks? Pics?
          All of these things...and more...it doesn't even list waist sizes. I love the idea and price but as someone who has an out of the range waist size (40) for a lot of brands this seems weird.
          "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I bought my BR chinos on sale. Is anyone here paying over $100 for chinos?

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
              I bought my BR chinos on sale. Is anyone here paying over $100 for chinos?
              Off topic, but I recently found that the BR Kentfields and GAP lived in straight chino's all fit me perfect in a 35x30 without tailoring. Picked up about 4 Kentfields and 3 GAP straights each in the $25-$35 range with cardmember sales so I can't complain. I prefer the material of J. Crew chino's but size 35x30 may as well not exist at J. Crew.

Comment

I contacted the guy, his response...

"We'll be offering a variety of different sizes: 30-38 (waist) & 30-34 (length). The cut will be a modern straight fit. Once the Kickstarter is rolling we are looking to offer more sizes and colors."

To be fair, they are offering a guarantee with refund.
                "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Not my kickstarter, but I'd probably make the same assumption in your shoes. That said, they look good to me and offer a full refund - seems like a safe bet to make. If not i'm stuck with a $38 set of chinos. Not a huge loss.

Also, I personally like the red button holes. Especially on the green pair (although I went for khaki - need a pair for work next year...odd, I know; but that's what happens with the match!).

Comment

Originally posted by mdwsta4 View Post

Hey guys -

Thanks for the feedback. It's a campaign in progress so really appreciate your thoughts and questions.

To answer some of them:
                    1 - We'll be posting measurements early next week.
                    2 - The fit is a modern straight fit - it's mentioned in the video. We'll also be adding verbiage to the page to make it clear.
                    3 - We'll be posting pictures of the socks shortly as well.
                    4 - If the chinos don't fit you are more than welcome to return for a full credit plus $5. We'll be launching a variety of products on our ecommerce so you'll have plenty of options!
                    5 - Once we reach out goal of $30k we'll be adding stretch goals with new colors

LMK if there is anything else!

Thanks
                    Sim

Comment

Project hit their mark. Added a new award level and a size chart.

@Sim what's the deal with return shipping if they don't fit?

Comment

Doesn't look any better than chinos I can get for ~$40 at the mall. Worse actually. Don't like the red button holes either.

Comment

Working...
                        X