Suitsupply napoli marked down on regular site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suitsupply napoli marked down on regular site

Even in the craze of buying half a dozen suits at the new suitsupply outlet I still make my way to the regular site to see if there's anything that really catches my eye there.

I noticed something that might be very intriguing to some. Many of the napoli blue suits have been marked down to $399. This has for some time been the domain of the sevilla cut (which is a fused, not half canvassed suit).

True, $399 doesn't compare to the $259 you see on the outlets, but the outlets generally have quirkier patterns, fun suits.

These are all some variation of blue and can be a front line basic suit.

Check them out.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits...PriceAsc&sz=75

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits...srule=PriceAsc

Last one is a grey stripe.

Thanks Morgan for the heads up!

Now I've never purchased a suit from them. Is their size advisor fairly accurate in estimating the size?

Comment

no I'd recommend you just look at the actual measurements for the different cuts.

Comment

Do you know what the difference between the purple and blue line is? Apart from $70-100.

Comment

Originally posted by aps2012 View Post
          Do you know what the difference between the purple and blue line is? Apart from $70-100.
          I don't have personal experience with Suit Supply yet (although this price point is tempting me), but their website appears to say that the difference is mostly fabric related and perhaps slight differences in cut. See: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suitlines.html

Comment

Originally posted by Urbanitus View Post
            I don't have personal experience with Suit Supply yet (although this price point is tempting me), but their website appears to say that the difference is mostly fabric related and perhaps slight differences in cut. See: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suitlines.html
            Originally posted by aps2012 View Post
            Pretty sure its the fabric. I THINK fit/cuts should stay constant with style regardless of fabric choice

Comment

the lines are very rough generalizations. the important thing to remember is that sevilla is fused. all other suits are half canvassed. except la spalla, which is full canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Liu View Post
                the lines are very rough generalizations. the important thing to remember is that sevilla is fused. all other suits are half canvassed. except la spalla, which is full canvas.
                OKay, but I think the Blue, Purple and Suit Up lines I was asking about are just fabrics really, so you're still getting the cut and construction on the Napoli regardless of the line.

This also doesn't look like a sale, just a standard price. If everything I've heard is right about these then this is a very competitive price compared to the J.Crew Ludlow, whose jacket is now more than these suits.

Comment

It's not a sale per se. But the price for napoli is usually 469. The sevilla is the only suit that usually sells for 399.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinghippo View Post
                    Thanks Morgan for the heads up!

Now I've never purchased a suit from them. Is their size advisor fairly accurate in estimating the size?
                    No, do not follow their size advisory guide. I ordered a sport coat in 46R as suggested, and I looked like this…

Comment

I tried on over half a dozen cuts when I was in their SoHo store last weekend. I knew I fit the 38L in Sienna. So too the Washington, copenhagen, London, etc. Basically, everything I tried on except the Napoli. For some odd reason, the Napoli cut is nearly 3/4" wider at the shoulders than most of the others. That might work great for someone slightly brouder then me, but the 17.75-18" shoulder is what I need. I pretty much can't wear the Napoli because the 36 is too small in just about every other area.

All of which is to say, know your shoulder measurement and find the appropriate size. That's your best guide. Amount of padding will affect this somewhat, but most of the SS jackets are minimally padded.

Comment

Originally posted by redbeardedmike View Post
                        For some odd reason, the Napoli cut is nearly 3/4" wider at the shoulders than most of the others. That might work great for someone slightly brouder then me, but the 17.75-18" shoulder is what I need.
                        I have the exact opposite problem. I have a 38 chest but broad shoulders. Got a steal on a 38R Navy Sienna but the shoulders looked comical kinda like this. So I jumped on the blue Naopli today because all the measurements are close but the shoulders are 1 inch wider.

Comment

Just visited a SuitSupply store in DC last weekend. Looked around a bit and found my size in a couple styles of jackets, but didn't have time to try on any pants. I'm interested in purchasing a suit from SuitSupply, but don't know how the pants would fit. Does anyone know what the drop is from jacket to pants? Ie 40 jacket paired with a 34 pant= 6inch drop, or with a 33 pant= 7 inch drop, etc.
                          Thanks!

Comment

if you click on size advisor it will have specific measurements for every cut.

Comment

SS Drop

Originally posted by Calico View Post
                              Just visited a SuitSupply store in DC last weekend. Looked around a bit and found my size in a couple styles of jackets, but didn't have time to try on any pants. I'm interested in purchasing a suit from SuitSupply, but don't know how the pants would fit. Does anyone know what the drop is from jacket to pants? Ie 40 jacket paired with a 34 pant= 6inch drop, or with a 33 pant= 7 inch drop, etc.
                              Thanks!
                              I've found the drop on SS jackets to be pretty ridiculously exaggerated. I'm by no means a skinny guy but not super fat at 6'2" and 225lbs. 44R jackets fit me almost perfectly without tailoring but the pants are always so comically tight that I'd almost try to order a size up just to get bigger pants. Was a groomsman in a wedding where the groom had us buy the napoli suit. Groom is super tall and VERY lanky and the pants were even crazy tight on him.

Comment

Working...
                              X