Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ninja138
    replied

Well, you can get away with a light green jacket if you're a member of Augusta or a pro golfer, but I think those are the only exceptions.

Leave a comment:

• Bookman
    replied

there is a big difference between olive and true green....You can get a lot of use out of an olive sport coat (darker the better); but, anything that is a lighter green is really hard to get away with.

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    replied

Don't know if I can rock it but I really appreciate the advice. I've been spending a bit more than I like to on clothes lately so I think I'm going to hold off until I find a grey or navy blazer first. I've got tan-ish skin? I'm a moderately fair-skinned south asian guy. The blazer was a 38R.

I don't have time to stop by today but I might after work tomorrow to take a pic if it's still there.

Leave a comment:

• YackoYak
    replied

Pic please. Also depends on skin tone; my skin loves olive green and forest green not so much.

Leave a comment:

• Ben
    replied

what size are you?

haha, I agree with shawn as well. but if you can rock it, get it. Then go find a navy and grey blazer as well, cause people will notice if you wear a green one all the time

Leave a comment:

• MaxMan
    replied

everything shawn said plus 10

Leave a comment:

• OnlyShawn
    replied

Funny, I've been hemming about an Italian jacket that's green, and I made the same master's comment. That said, I have probably 10 blazers that I wear regularly. For me, wearing a jacket is normal, so me wearing a green one is just like "man, that dude Shawn is wearing something I wouldn't, again..." I wouldn't recommend it for your first/only blazer. It's got to be in a serious rotation, and worn infrequently, and worn with panache. Otherwise, it'll look costumish.

You know your personality...would it work (in rotation)?

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    started a topic Green Blazer Advice?

Green Blazer Advice?

Hi y'all. I tried on a forest green 100% camel hair blazer from Hart Schaffner & Marx today at a consignment store. It was around $30. Fits great in my size (I don't think any tailoring would be needed) and was incredibly comfortable. Didn't buy it today though because I wasn't sure if it was a good buy or what to wear it with. It looked good w/ my dark wash jeans and a light shirt, but I don't know if it's something I could wear regularly. I can go back and take a photo of myself wearing it tomorrow, Im not sure if it's something that can be worn casually or needs to be dressed up.

My question is: Do any of you own something like this? How do you wear it? I'm worried I'm going to look too much like I'm winning the Masters at Augusta even though it looks and feels way softer. ALSO this would be my FIRST blazer purchase. Bad idea? Should I just get a standard navy or charcoal one instead?

Working...
X