Tapering pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tapering pants

So I have never had pants tapered by a tailor before, but I think it is time. The tommy hilgifer trim fit suit I just got from Macy's is pretty nice for the price, but it isn't so trim in the bottom of the pants. The opening is 9.25 in. across. I measured the opening of some better fitting pants I like and they are about 8.5 in.

So how much does it typically cost to get pants tapered? do you just tell them how wide you want to opening or how do they measure?

thanks for the advice.

Yes, you just tell them how wide you want them. If you don't know they'll make suggestions.

Comment

I get mine tapered to 7.5" (15") across. Your waist and height determines what diameter you should taper.

Comment

What should I expect to pay?

Comment

I had some dress pants from my pre-dressing better days that I still liked the pattern on. I had them taken in a bit all the way down (from the mid thigh down) for $15 a pair. Seemed alright. My usual tailor (very very good, but quite over priced) said about $24. That seemed high. $15 seemed fair.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I pay $15 for this as well

Comment

I pay $20 and my tailor is the best in my area. He might be a little more than other's but he's the only guy I'll have do my clothes.

Comment

Working...
              X