Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by nubirth View Post
    Does anyone know how their coat sizing works? I normally wear a large which is a 42 inch chest for me. When i look on their sizing guide, a large is a 46 1/2 chest. A 42 inch chest is a small. What im i missing there?
    This is exactly why I didn't buy one of their coats. With how awkward their returns are I didn't want to make a purchase until I was sure everything made sense.

    Comment


      Just an observation here, but I've been wanting to buy a modern fit charcoal suit in a size 38 coat--a very typical size. I've been watching this for over 4 months, and it's not been restocked once, despite two CSRs telling me they'd be restocked "in two weeks" (always "two weeks." Are they trained to just say that when they don't know the answer?).

      How can a company go four months (plus?) and no restock of a basic item like that? I am a big fan of the products and their quality for the price, but is there something going on? And where has Vishaal been for the past few months? I really hope they get things straightened out over there, as the supply chain issues are terrible. The money is just waiting to be spent, please allow me to spend it before I get frustrated and look elsewhere....

      Comment


        Originally posted by Hyvasuomi79 View Post
        Just an observation here, but I've been wanting to buy a modern fit charcoal suit in a size 38 coat--a very typical size. I've been watching this for over 4 months, and it's not been restocked once, despite two CSRs telling me they'd be restocked "in two weeks" (always "two weeks." Are they trained to just say that when they don't know the answer?).

        How can a company go four months (plus?) and no restock of a basic item like that? I am a big fan of the products and their quality for the price, but is there something going on? And where has Vishaal been for the past few months? I really hope they get things straightened out over there, as the supply chain issues are terrible. The money is just waiting to be spent, please allow me to spend it before I get frustrated and look elsewhere....
        Is it possible they've restocked but then sold out? Just curious - I agree, it's a bit strange.
        6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

        Comment


          Originally posted by John Hamnett View Post
          Is it possible they've restocked but then sold out? Just curious - I agree, it's a bit strange.
          I suppose that's possible but I check pretty frequently, so I would doubt it.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Hyvasuomi79 View Post
            I suppose that's possible but I check pretty frequently, so I would doubt it.
            Just for fun, I chatted with a rep today, and was again told a restock was coming in early April (about two weeks--the third time they've said that).

            Comment


              Thinking about CG for a summer suit but unsure what size. Looking at a slim fit. I wear a 38L in most SuitSupply cuts and would also be that in a Ludlow if that size existed, I think. What size should I go with here?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Hyvasuomi79 View Post
                Just for fun, I chatted with a rep today, and was again told a restock was coming in early April (about two weeks--the third time they've said that).
                More frustration....I get an email today saying they are having a pre order on all essential suits, which will ship by 6/20. Great news, I though, as I can finally get that charcoal suit I've been wanting after waiting for months for my size to come back in stock.

                Nope. I go to preorder it and it won't let me because my size is not in stock. I chat with a rep and get the same response: you can't preorder a suit if it's not in stock currently. Well, what in the world is the purpose of a "preorder" if you can only order in stock items? You wouldn't need to preorder, you could just order. Ridiculous. Anyway, I'm seriously frustrated.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by phatte View Post
                  Thinking about CG for a summer suit but unsure what size. Looking at a slim fit. I wear a 38L in most SuitSupply cuts and would also be that in a Ludlow if that size existed, I think. What size should I go with here?
                  I wear a 38L in the Napoli fit from SuitSupply and 40L in Havana. I purchased the slim fit travel blazer. It's a definitely a little too slim for me (mostly in the waist), but I didn't have time to return it. I just wear it without buttoning it up and it fits well enough.

                  Comment


                    Can anybody speak about the quality/fit of their dress pants? I bought and returned a suit a while ago, and the pants on those fit alright.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by MaitreTea View Post
                      Can anybody speak about the quality/fit of their dress pants? I bought and returned a suit a while ago, and the pants on those fit alright.
                      I haven't done a proper comparison yet, but I have a suit (slim fit) and have some of their dress pants just sitting in my closet waiting for tailoring. For some reason I seem to recall the waist and suit on the dress pants feeling different... When I get them tailored I'll do a comparison for you unless someone beats me to it.
                      My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

                      Comment


                        I chatted with their customer service and they said that the slim suit pants are similar in fit to the slim pants. I also cross-referenced between the sizing chart for their dress pants and the sizing chart for the slim suit pants (which was posted on this thread somewhere) and there are only minor differences,i.e. the thigh is a little bigger (less than a half inch) for the dress pants.

                        Comment


                          [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION]

                          Shipped my exchange pants THREE WEEKS ago with your self return label. UPSP tracking only has the departure (on April 13). Does it really take three weeks to ship it to you? And does it really not stop anywhere in between?

                          I need the pants so that I can wear the suit I bought in MARCH. Please help!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by egruszka View Post
                            [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION]

                            Shipped my exchange pants THREE WEEKS ago with your self return label. UPSP tracking only has the departure (on April 13). Does it really take three weeks to ship it to you? And does it really not stop anywhere in between?

                            I need the pants so that I can wear the suit I bought in MARCH. Please help!
                            Just to chime in with my experience, I returned a suit in January and it took almost a whole month for the refund to go back to my card. I was able to track it to an extent on USPS but it took forever. It took a full week just for the package to go from Washington, DC to South Carolina! Combat Gent's customer service told me this was a fluke, but clearly it's still a problem. I just hope the dress pants I bought fit well.

                            Comment


                              I have completed two returns and still have not received the refunds back onto my credit card.

                              Returned three items on March 22, 2016 and still have not received a refund.
                              Returned one item on April 23, 2016 and still have not received a refund.

                              Reached out to customer service, so I am waiting to hear back.

                              So far the products have been good for the price. A minor issue with a pre-order that didn't get shipped until I emailed them twice asking where they were. They were suppose to be shipped on 4/15. I reached out on 4/19 and they said they were shipping that day. Never shipped until I asked again. They did overnight them, which was appreciated.

                              Anybody else have issues with the refund not showing up on their credit card?

                              UPDATE (5/11 10:41 PM EST): Right after I posted this, got an email back from Mark with the following:
                              I apologize for the delays regarding your refunds and want to ensure you we are working on a alert system to notify you when you have been refunded. I have gone ahead and made sure both orders have been refunded back to your credit card. You should see the refund applied on your statement within 24-48 hours. Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

                              All the best,

                              Mark
                              Hoping the refunds show up.
                              Last edited by DCLoserOfTheYear; May 11, 2016, 11:42 PM. Reason: Update

                              Comment


                                I have a Summit series suit and one of their $160 suits. I'm 38 with an out of shape "dad" physique and their modern fit has worked well for me on the suits. I've only needed the pants hemmed on those. I've purchased their dress pants and for some reason I needed those taken in at the waist and hemmed. I would have figured their dress pants would be made to the same measurements as their suit pants. I also have a couple of their shirts, several pocket squares and ties, and their wool charcoal overcoat. I have been very happy with the quality, however as is well known it can be difficult to find anything in stock and their web developer has work to do. I've tried to pre-order a charcoal $160 suit (already have the navy one) and even though it say's "pre-order" it keeps telling me it's out of stock and won't let me order.

                                I did have to prod them on one of the two returns I've made to get my card refunded. Their customer service via chat seems to work well so far. The suits are amazing quality for the price. The wool overcoat was a steal at $80 on clearance. I was very impressed with that coat. Their dress shirts are kind of meh. It's not much more money for Spier & Mackay, and the quality and availability is much better on those shirts compared to CG. For about $10/shirt more you get better buttons and fit options on the S&M shirts. CG's dress pants are very nice, although I have as much into getting them tailored as I paid for the pants themselves. Even at $60 invested I'm not sure where I would find nicer dress pants though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X