Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
    Off topic, but I'm just curious; why do you refer to Combat Gent as "CB"?
    Quicker to type?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Lemus View Post
      Quicker to type?
      I get that, but why CB and not CG?

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
        I get that, but why CB and not CG?
        Oh snap never even noticed I typed a B. CG it is.

Comment

CG's business model intrigues me. How should I classify them? I have bought several things from them in the past, Workhorse Pants, ties and the Navy Suit and I generally really like everything and think they are good value and perfect for me. Meaning for the pants $30 is the pricing sweet spot for dress pants for work, nice enough quality but also cheap enough so I can wear them without fear of wrecking a $120 pair of pants. Same for the Suit. That said I have been trying to buy another pair of pants and a light grey suit for over 4 months now. I have the "Notify Me" set up and every time I do the customer chat they tell me they will be re-stocking in "a couple of weeks" (that has been every 2 weeks for the past 3 months now). If you look through the suits and pant selections they have about 15% of the items actually in stock at any given time and those are the ever popular 29x38 pants and the 48L slim suit. Maybe it is a super genius marketing scheme? Advertise and build up a demand, don't have sufficient stock and then when you do re-stock you will have 2 weeks of a feeding frenzy until stock is gone again and you can rest for the next 3 months?

Minor vent completed. I should be thankful, as I said before my experience in the past with the product has been good and if they actually had stock I would be out more than a few extra dollars. Joe

Comment

Was excited that I saw in the email that CG now has their own app. Of course, hit the link and took me to the App Store only for a notification to say "The app you chose isn't available in your country. Please switch stores."

So its only for US App Store.

Is it only for now? Are you gonna expand to the CAD store too?
            5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Finally pulled the trigger on a CG Blazer in 42R and while I was relatively impressed with the cut and build of it unfortunately the shoulders were just too big (divots were pretty bad). I also tried a 40R but it was too small in the waist and arm holes. Doesn't look like CG is a good fit for me sadly; I would try some other clothes but their return process is just way to slow for me. I returned both blazers nearly 2 weeks ago and they still have yet to be delivered by USPS.
              Last edited by Michael Kenny; February 17, 2016, 03:06 AM.

Comment

I have ordered several items and am generally happy with them at these prices. I did just have an order cancelled; after successfully placing an order, I get an email saying that size is out of stock. So there is some kind of miscommunication in the supply line vs the ordering system.

Comment

I also had CG contact me about a pair of slim chinos being out of stock. My CG account also showed the order was still processing. When I got home they were in my mailbox. I contacted CB but I got an email back saying that my item would be credited but did not have a return slip.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Kenny View Post
                    Finally pulled the trigger on a CG Blazer in 42R and while I was relatively impressed with the cut and build of it unfortunately the shoulders were just too big (divots were pretty bad). I also tried a 40R but it was too small in the waist and arm holes. Doesn't look like CG is a good fit for me sadly; I would try some other clothes but their return process is just way to slow for me. I returned both blazers nearly 2 weeks ago and they still have yet to be delivered by USPS.
                    This was my experience as well, except I experimented with tailoring the smaller size and got it to work by letting out the sides. Adding a little room around the waist also helped correct tightness around the upper arm since it wasn't pulling anymore. Not ideal, but the quality for price (including tailoring) is pretty stellar in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by xucardsfan08 View Post
                      [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION]
                      Do you have any information on when the new tuxedo designs are going to be released?

Originally posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
                      Yes! Mid - November right in time for Tux season!

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Thanks,
                      And yet almost four months later, no new tuxedos, and "Tux season" has come and gone.

Originally posted by egruszka View Post
                      @visaalmelwani, any idea of when you'll be restocking modern fit vests?
                      Originally posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
                      Hey!

They are being re-stocked as we speak.

Thanks!
                      And again, they were never restocked, or at best there was a size 50 available and nothing else.

Seriously, I am currently wearing a CG suit as I sit at my desk and I love it, but I don't know how this company expects to survive when they are almost always behind their target dates.

I've been trying to buy a Modern Fit light grey, navy, and navy pinstripe suit for about six weeks now, and they never have my (very common) size of 42L and 36 pants.

Add to that the customer service woes we hear about on this board and I'd say for all the promise---and let me reiterate that I love this company's idea and its product---I don't see CG lasting very long into the future.

Comment

Originally posted by egruszka View Post
                        And yet almost four months later, no new tuxedos, and "Tux season" has come and gone.

And again, they were never restocked, or at best there was a size 50 available and nothing else.

Seriously, I am currently wearing a CG suit as I sit at my desk and I love it, but I don't know how this company expects to survive when they are almost always behind their target dates.

I've been trying to buy a Modern Fit light grey, navy, and navy pinstripe suit for about six weeks now, and they never have my (very common) size of 42L and 36 pants.

Add to that the customer service woes we hear about on this board and I'd say for all the promise---and let me reiterate that I love this company's idea and its product---I don't see CG lasting very long into the future.
                        I don't know if I would predict their downfall just yet. You have to remember that people are more inclined to complain than praise on the internet and we are probably a much pickier subset of their customers.

That being said, yes they are terrible at managing a supply chain. Combine that with them constantly adding new products rather than focusing on their stock issues and yeah...it is very frustrating to shop with them. To their credit, if you make a stink on these forums they do a REALLY good job at trying to fix the issue if they can. I own one of their suits and for the price I paid the quality is great. I considered purchasing another suit from them but due to stock issues I didn't. I'm getting my next suit from Suit Supply...planning on going into NYC sometime in March and visiting a store to really get a sense of what their products are like.

The last interaction I had with them they gave me $50 in store credit and also got a replacement out to me and this was only for a $35 shirt. I was also asking about their camel overcoat and trying to get an idea of correct sizing. I usually wear a 40S and they suggested a small. That doesn't seem right to me especially considering that their shirts run super slim for me even in comparison to other slim fits in other brands. I haven't worn a small in anything in years. So while it was flattering to hear I decided against it.

Idk...I'm not against giving them another shot down the road. I could see myself getting a tux from them at some point. Who knows.

Comment

Glad to hear some honest feedback. I've had them on my radar but will hold off until they seem to turn it around.

I like the concept. Direct-to-consumer products with higher quality materials in "the basics". But you have to nail those items as well as provide solid service.

I'd rather see a slight price increase if that's what they need to do to run their business exceptionally, otherwise as you say it wouldn't last.

Comment

I am constantly confused by this company. Its been two years now since they started? Still having supply/customer service problems. I have a love/hate relationship with them, the Modern Fit works great for me with little tailoring and I finally thought I found a go-to place since I don't fit into most J Crew or Banana Republic type "slim fit" clothes. Constant out of stock problems, a serious lack of the Modern Fit choices, returns problems, waiting for items that were said to be coming but still haven't 6 MOS later and the list is growing. I would have several blazers from them, but guess what, 1 modern fit blazer, something like 20 slim fits. This after being told that Modern Fit blazers were coming soon in Sept. of last year. Now they are expanding into jeans, shoes and luggage? I agree with Jarick, concentrate on what put you on the map in the first place and fix the problems you have instead of introducing new ones. I really do like the products of theirs I have, but they make it hard to keep trying to support them.

Comment

Just a heads up for anyone who does returns with CG, make sure to check your refund amount if it's correct.

I've only ordered 4 or 5 times from them, and each time I had to return something but there was always a discrepancy in the refund. Some refunds were $1-5 off. In two other instances, an entire $140 and $70 refunds weren't given to me until I had to chat with a rep to get it.

I like what I kept so far, but their billing is terrible. CG should hire a CPA quickly before there are any financial audits. If this happened to me, there could be thousands of dollars CG is sitting on that is owed to their customers.

Comment

Does anyone know how their coat sizing works? I normally wear a large which is a 42 inch chest for me. When i look on their sizing guide, a large is a 46 1/2 chest. A 42 inch chest is a small. What im i missing there?

Comment

Working...
                                X