No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've ordered three times from CG and they don't seem to be getting any better at ensuring they have product to ship once sold. I ordered onenof their weekend bags in OCTOBER and they still haven't shipped it yet. Why the f**k do you claim to hve the item, charge me for the product, and fail to notify the customer until a week before Christmas that they won't be shipped. On top of that, your sassy customer service doesn't make your customers way to come back. Fix your shit or you won't be around long.

Comment

Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
      I have ordered four holiday purchases from CG.

Navy guncheck, navy and blush windowpane, and navy plaid double breasted - all slim fits. And a camel wool overcoat.
      Have you received the coat yet? Curious as to how it fits/looks.

Comment

Does anyone know which suits don't have the red inner lining?

Comment

I also ordered the navy plaid double breasted. I reached out to them in early December with questions about sizing, but because I couldn't get a tape measure I couldn't get back to them until last week. While waiting to hear back I noticed they had a sale, so I jumped the gun and crossed my fingers that the fit tech would give me the right size. Customer service actually looked at my order to make sure that the sizing was right, and it was all shipped out within 24 hours. This is my first double breasted suit, so I'm eager to get people's opinions on fit and stuff. After reading countless pages on this thread I was a little hesitant, but since Vishaal seems to be pretty active in fielding questions and concerns, I decided to give them a shot. Doesn't hurt they offer free shipping and returns if it doesn't work out.

Comment

Originally posted by udub86 View Post
            Have you received the coat yet? Curious as to how it fits/looks.
            Not yet. Will post pictures once I've received it.

Comment

Originally posted by rico1204 View Post
              After posting, Vishaal and Mo got back to me that day. And the next day they sent out my exchange with a tracking number. It should get here Wednesday. They are really nice when they do engage. But my biggest concern is that it seems this thread is one of the only ways to truly escalate an issue/question. Might work for now, but I don't think that's a sustainable business practice. I will give them another shot as I am eyeing some pants and sportcoats from them. We will see how it goes.
              Yeah I agree. They did a great job helping me out once I posted on here. Although I asked for verification about what size camel wool overcoat to buy as someone who wears a 40S jacket and they emailed me back saying a small. That doesn't seem right to me because while I would LOVE to wear anything in a small that hasn't happened in years. I am happy that I can wear a medium still sometimes these days.

But on another note. They sent me a little newspaper advertising thing and one of the pictures in there are shoes that say they are goodyear welted for under 100$. The website they list is toecap.com. Anyone else heard about this? It will be exciting if the quality is there. One thing that worries me though is that they keep branching out into more and more products but they haven't even figured out their supply chain and customer service issues yet. The suit I own from them is amazing for the price. The shirt I got seems alright, again especially for the price. The pocket squares I just bought aren't terrible but nothing to write home about. I just hope they don't sacrifice quality for quantity of products.

Comment

Wow, shoes?

I wish them the best. I sort of prefer companies that are absolutely focused on shoes, though. I figure the natural extension to shoes is belts, not shoes being a natural extension from clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
                  Wow, shoes?

I wish them the best. I sort of prefer companies that are absolutely focused on shoes, though. I figure the natural extension to shoes is belts, not shoes being a natural extension from clothes.
                  Vishaal had hinted at shoes a few times. I have been looking forward to seeing what they have to offer, it will be interesting for sure.

On another note, the weekender bag that I preordered shipped today, so I should have it by the end of the week.

Comment

I've ordered from CG twice and fortunately did not have sizing or shipping issues on either order. I definitely support CG as their price/quality tradeoff can't be beat. Feel that this thread too frequently highlights the issues CG sometimes faces... my experience has been 100% positive.

[Not affiliated with CG, not getting paid... just a fan ]
                    6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Originally posted by John Hamnett View Post
                      I've ordered from CG twice and fortunately did not have sizing or shipping issues on either order. I definitely support CG as their price/quality tradeoff can't be beat. Feel that this thread too frequently highlights the issues CG sometimes faces... my experience has been 100% positive.

[Not affiliated with CG, not getting paid... just a fan ]
                      I'm in the same boat. I have ordered a few suits, shirts, and ties and my experience has been nothing but positive and excellent.

I had to send in for an exchange of pants, and that was also seamless.

Comment

...and just found out that CG has my size available in the midnight blue shawl tuxedo. Ordered a set!

Comment

Originally posted by Crob125 View Post
                          I've ordered three times from CG and they don't seem to be getting any better at ensuring they have product to ship once sold. I ordered onenof their weekend bags in OCTOBER and they still haven't shipped it yet. Why the f**k do you claim to hve the item, charge me for the product, and fail to notify the customer until a week before Christmas that they won't be shipped. On top of that, your sassy customer service doesn't make your customers way to come back. Fix your shit or you won't be around long.
                          In their defense, this was a pre-order on the weekenders, even though the shipping date did slide.

Comment

Hi @Vishaal, I ordered the new weekender the day it went up for preorder and am waiting patiently to receive it soon. I emailed customer service recently because during the period of time the bag was delayed, you had your 20% off site wide sale, meaning that anyone could buy the bag for $80 instead of the $100 those of us who've been waiting all this time for it spent. Seems more than fair to credit the difference. I haven't heard anything from CS so am resorting to reaching out here. Your assistance is much appreciated.

Comment

I received my weekender bag last night. I had preordered it when it was available.

The canvas material seems durable and it seems well constructed. The leather accents feel a bit plasticky. The zipper seems solid, but it was tough to zip up at first, since it shipped flat and the seams kind of had to be pushed in to zip it up. I don't have any nice bags, so this will certainly class up my luggage when I take a short trip. I think it looks pretty classy, and feels durable and well made.

Comment

Originally posted by Billyum View Post
                                I received my weekender bag last night. I had preordered it when it was available.

The canvas material seems durable and it seems well constructed. The leather accents feel a bit plasticky. The zipper seems solid, but it was tough to zip up at first, since it shipped flat and the seams kind of had to be pushed in to zip it up. I don't have any nice bags, so this will certainly class up my luggage when I take a short trip. I think it looks pretty classy, and feels durable and well made.
                                Thanks for the review. I pre-ordered the canvas weekender as well, as soon as it became available for pre-order. Vishaal said he bumped my order to the top so it would be one of the first to ship out, but I have yet to receive notice of shipping. All I've gotten is an email on Monday saying my bag is "expected to ship this week," alas today is Friday so we'll see...

Edit: Just got an email from Vishaal letting me know my bag is going out today. Thanks [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION]
                                Last edited by ajs116; January 8, 2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X