Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I'm with [MENTION=14420]mattsedlak[/MENTION] above. After ordering my weekender bag in October, it still hasn't been shipped in December due to "extremely high holiday product traffic out of the Los Angeles Port". Currently I've paid $100 for close to three months of literally nothing. At this point I would happily pay for shipping if that meant I get my bag, or just expect a refund. $100 is no joke for some people, and it's generally not good business practice to hold ANY sum of money in what basically amounts to an escrow for unfixed periods of time.

    Comment


      Originally posted by mattsedlak View Post
      I have to admit I'm not too thrilled with Combat Gent any more, mainly due to what seems like abysmal customer service.

      They had a sale on shirts a couple of weeks ago and I bought one. They shipped it using one of those third party services that takes an eternity to arrive (that's not really a big complaint because it saves on shipping for both of us and they have faster options available). Anyway once it arrived it was too small, again though not really their fault. I go online to request an exchange and right away I can't tell if it went through properly or not. No shipping label popped up or anything like that. Turns out they email it to you which of course gets filtered so you don't see it. So eventually I figure that out and now I'm using the same service to ship it back so I'm not getting this shirt until the middle of January probably. I'd love to be able to see an update on the status of my order but I can't. In fact when I log in to the site today I can't even seem to find any of my orders from the past listed.

      While I found that annoying that isn't what made me decide to stop shopping there though. I mean the prices are so good that you have to expect that the service isn't going to be as great. I decided I wanted to buy one of their camel topcoats though because the price is just fantastic. I was at work and trying to decide what size I should order because the way they listed their measurements seemed a little non-standard and of course I don't have a measuring tape in my office. So I open up the chat with us thing and list my question. No reply....a half hour later still no reply. So then I call them. And I'm on hold for like a half hour. At this point I just went and purchased one for more money from another store. I sent them an email explaining what happened. Maybe I am a little entitled but I expected an email back apologizing and giving the usual excuses of how they are growing and trying to improve on all these issues. But I got nothing. Well actually that's not true. I've gotten almost daily advertising emails.

      I'd rather spend my money on a place that is going to make me feel important. Which is a shame because before this I used to talk up Combat Gent to everyone because I thought the quality was unbeatable for the price. I just don't mind spending a little more for service I guess...
      Hey there,

      First off, I want to apologize personally for the frustrations you are having. As you know we are a young company and the holidays are always tough for any product based company, but beyond that there is no excuse for the frustrations you are going through. If you could e-mail me your order details I will jump right in and make sure that you are taken care of by myself personally. We value all of our clients and we want to make sure we make this right by you!

      Thanks,
      [email protected]

      Comment


        Originally posted by Maaz0430 View Post
        I'm with [MENTION=14420]mattsedlak[/MENTION] above. After ordering my weekender bag in October, it still hasn't been shipped in December due to "extremely high holiday product traffic out of the Los Angeles Port". Currently I've paid $100 for close to three months of literally nothing. At this point I would happily pay for shipping if that meant I get my bag, or just expect a refund. $100 is no joke for some people, and it's generally not good business practice to hold ANY sum of money in what basically amounts to an escrow for unfixed periods of time.
        Hey there,
        As mentioned here on the boards, our estimated shipping date was postponed, but I am more than happy to help take care of this for you. We value everyone of our customers and we want to make sure that you are happy.

        Please shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll take care of this right away!

        Thanks,

        Comment


          I really want to back this company especially since I was planning to buy more from them, but I too am having issues with their customer service. I bought a suit during their Black Friday sale. During this time customer service was very helpful with my questions. I received the order promptly, but it didn't fit quite right (part my fault, part the fault of the online size estimator), so I followed their process for an exchange and mailed the suit back. It's been a few weeks now and I have heard nothing from Combat Gent support or Vishaal, despite numerous email requests to them both to get a status. While I understand the holidays might also things down a bit and I'm not necessarily in a rush to get the suit, I would really just like to get some kind of acknowledgment and understand the status. I've kept my emails courteous and professional, but now I am starting to get frustrated as it seems like I am being ignored. I've ordered and returned things from other companies this month and have gotten steady communications from them on where things were at in the process. Would be nice if combat gent could do the same, especially since they have my money.

          Comment


            i'm just amazed that, even on a place as ridiculous as the internet, that someone actually cares about any of this as much as they purport to.

            Comment


              Originally posted by evanparker View Post
              i'm just amazed that, even on a place as ridiculous as the internet, that someone actually cares about any of this as much as they purport to.
              What do you mean exactly? If you mean it's hard to believe CG cares as much as they claim to, then I'm with you.

              Comment


                Originally posted by rico1204 View Post
                I really want to back this company especially since I was planning to buy more from them, but I too am having issues with their customer service. I bought a suit during their Black Friday sale. During this time customer service was very helpful with my questions. I received the order promptly, but it didn't fit quite right (part my fault, part the fault of the online size estimator), so I followed their process for an exchange and mailed the suit back. It's been a few weeks now and I have heard nothing from Combat Gent support or Vishaal, despite numerous email requests to them both to get a status. While I understand the holidays might also things down a bit and I'm not necessarily in a rush to get the suit, I would really just like to get some kind of acknowledgment and understand the status. I've kept my emails courteous and professional, but now I am starting to get frustrated as it seems like I am being ignored. I've ordered and returned things from other companies this month and have gotten steady communications from them on where things were at in the process. Would be nice if combat gent could do the same, especially since they have my money.
                Hey [MENTION=14966]rico1204[/MENTION] - do you mind e-mailing me your order details. I can take care of this right away for you! [email protected]

                Comment


                  Originally posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
                  Hey [MENTION=14966]rico1204[/MENTION] - do you mind e-mailing me your order details. I can take care of this right away for you! [email protected]
                  Thank you Vishaal. I have just sent you my details.

                  Comment


                    I wanted to make an account just to thank CombatGent.

                    It is apparent that their business model can make it a little tricky to get items promptly, but for me, a month is definitely manageable (especially since I ordered during Black Friday sales).

                    I even had to cancel and re-order my item for shipping address changes which was handled very well.

                    And of course, the item is amazing especially considering what you paid - makes little sense to complain imo.

                    Comment


                      What did you buy [MENTION=14981]PMH[/MENTION]?

                      Comment


                        I've ordered from CG twice. The first time I ordered a modern fit black suit for a church choir concert. Unfortunately, they sent me a black tuxedo jacket instead of a suit jacket. I emailed them and they responded in a day or two and rush shipped the jacket. The second time was the black friday sale. Ordered dress pants and a grey suit. The order showed up a week or so later (wasn't just a CG problem. A lot of my black friday stuff from places were delayed). The only thing that holds me back from purchasing more is their inventory. A lot of the pants I want to buy are always out of stock.

                        Comment


                          [MENTION=14632]ryan_betts[/MENTION]

                          Blue slim fit suit. IMO shoulders are strong, but the colour is quite gorgeous. Very well fitting; I'm hesitant to even tailor the suit jacket.

                          Comment


                            [MENTION=14966]rico1204[/MENTION] same issue here... Curious to hear if they can help you resolve or how quick you work it out. Mailed mine back in the first few days of December and still nothing.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
                              [MENTION=14966]rico1204[/MENTION] same issue here... Curious to hear if they can help you resolve or how quick you work it out. Mailed mine back in the first few days of December and still nothing.
                              After posting, Vishaal and Mo got back to me that day. And the next day they sent out my exchange with a tracking number. It should get here Wednesday. They are really nice when they do engage. But my biggest concern is that it seems this thread is one of the only ways to truly escalate an issue/question. Might work for now, but I don't think that's a sustainable business practice. I will give them another shot as I am eyeing some pants and sportcoats from them. We will see how it goes.

                              Comment


                                I have ordered four holiday purchases from CG.

                                Navy guncheck, navy and blush windowpane, and navy plaid double breasted - all slim fits. And a camel wool overcoat.







                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X