No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any plans for a brown leather weekender garment bag?

Comment

Merry Christmas-eve-eve-eve-eve-eve [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION]

Do you have any updated info on the new, onebutton tuxedo releases? You said earlier they were being released mid-December. My wedding is in June and I need to start narrow down my choices! Thanks for the help

Comment

And how about those travel jackets in a modern size you said (in October) would be coming?

Comment

Originally posted by sjr View Post
          Any plans for a brown leather weekender garment bag?
          Yessir! Summer of Next Year!

Comment

Originally posted by xucardsfan08 View Post
            Merry Christmas-eve-eve-eve-eve-eve [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION]

Do you have any updated info on the new, onebutton tuxedo releases? You said earlier they were being released mid-December. My wedding is in June and I need to start narrow down my choices! Thanks for the help
            I do - we are slated for a January launch. We got a bit bogged down in the factory this Holiday, but if you want to email me at [email protected] I could send over some sample for you to check out with your fiance?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by groomt View Post
              And how about those travel jackets in a modern size you said (in October) would be coming?
              They're in!

Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] I'll take care of this right away for you!

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
                Could you ping my email: [email protected] I'll dig in for you!

Thanks,
                Hi [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION], I emailed you as you requested a week ago but have not heard back. The Weekenders were supposed to ship on 12/15, but I haven't heard a peep from CG on them. I'm sure you are busy this time of year, but I'd appreciate some kind of update from you.

Comment

Originally posted by ajs116 View Post
                  Hi [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION], I emailed you as you requested a week ago but have not heard back. The Weekenders were supposed to ship on 12/15, but I haven't heard a peep from CG on them. I'm sure you are busy this time of year, but I'd appreciate some kind of update from you.
                  Hey! Sorry - would you mind sending me the email once more, I don't think I received it. As mentioned here last week, our shipment of bags was a bit delayed and we are trying our hardest to get them out ASAP! Shoot me an e-mail and I'll take care of you!

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Lemus View Post
                    I picked up a medium. Stats are 5 6 short, 175 lbs, 31 waist.
                    Is it chopped? Would it cover a blazer if you wore one under?

Comment

Originally posted by Manceptional View Post
                      The peacoat is not chopped, it covers the rear but my blazers I prefer chopped so for me it would cover a blazer underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by Manceptional View Post
                        I have a CG pea coat from last year. While it's not chopped and it would be long enough to cover the tail of the blazer, it's a little slim to wear over a suit jacket or blazer. The sleeves have an elastic cuff that would interfere with the blazer cuff; I doubt you would be very comfortable in that situation.

Comment

Anybody have any experience with the summit fabrics? I haven't seen any reviews yet. Heck, I would write my own review if I could afford another suit

Comment

Originally posted by vai View Post
                            Anybody have any experience with the summit fabrics? I haven't seen any reviews yet. Heck, I would write my own review if I could afford another suit
                            The summit charcoal chalk stripe suit I have is different texture than one of the older wool models. It subjectively feels nicer to me.

Sort of difficult to tell from the pictures. Perhaps I should scan it or use a better camera.

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
                              I have a CG pea coat from last year. While it's not chopped and it would be long enough to cover the tail of the blazer, it's a little slim to wear over a suit jacket or blazer. The sleeves have an elastic cuff that would interfere with the blazer cuff; I doubt you would be very comfortable in that situation.
                              Correct, it's not chopped and we were going for a slim silhouette because we thought the Overcoat would be better for layering. It could be just me but, I feel anything double breasted just looks better snug!

Comment

I have to admit I'm not too thrilled with Combat Gent any more, mainly due to what seems like abysmal customer service.

They had a sale on shirts a couple of weeks ago and I bought one. They shipped it using one of those third party services that takes an eternity to arrive (that's not really a big complaint because it saves on shipping for both of us and they have faster options available). Anyway once it arrived it was too small, again though not really their fault. I go online to request an exchange and right away I can't tell if it went through properly or not. No shipping label popped up or anything like that. Turns out they email it to you which of course gets filtered so you don't see it. So eventually I figure that out and now I'm using the same service to ship it back so I'm not getting this shirt until the middle of January probably. I'd love to be able to see an update on the status of my order but I can't. In fact when I log in to the site today I can't even seem to find any of my orders from the past listed.

While I found that annoying that isn't what made me decide to stop shopping there though. I mean the prices are so good that you have to expect that the service isn't going to be as great. I decided I wanted to buy one of their camel topcoats though because the price is just fantastic. I was at work and trying to decide what size I should order because the way they listed their measurements seemed a little non-standard and of course I don't have a measuring tape in my office. So I open up the chat with us thing and list my question. No reply....a half hour later still no reply. So then I call them. And I'm on hold for like a half hour. At this point I just went and purchased one for more money from another store. I sent them an email explaining what happened. Maybe I am a little entitled but I expected an email back apologizing and giving the usual excuses of how they are growing and trying to improve on all these issues. But I got nothing. Well actually that's not true. I've gotten almost daily advertising emails.

I'd rather spend my money on a place that is going to make me feel important. Which is a shame because before this I used to talk up Combat Gent to everyone because I thought the quality was unbeatable for the price. I just don't mind spending a little more for service I guess...

Comment

Working...
                                X