Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
    3. In terms of knee-down taper. We are always taking notes from people on size and fitment, so I'll definitely take this into consideration. Since we are ready to wear we try as hard as possible to make everyone happy, so we will keep tweaking away if many more people ask for the same thing!
    As for pants, the pants on the brown chinos were really baggy compared to the pants that come with the wool suits. Ordinarily, I just have to hem the pants and take in the waist a little. On the chinos suit pants I needed that plus, some leg tapering.

Comment

Have the new Wool peacoats gone out anywhere for reviews? I've interested to know how the peacoats fits since it looks tapered, which I like. Also some feedback is I think it would be great if we had the model's weight/height for comparison. As a short guy it's tough to find clothes that have the right proportions and that small details makes it a little easier to choose. Plus I feel bad for wasting money on free shipping/returns etc.

Comment

Hi All,

With apologies for joining just to post something negative (I've been lurking on this thread for a while now), I'm sorry to say that Combatant Gentleman is nowhere near sorting out their fulfillment and customer service issues, despite the multiple reports of major issues and subsequent claims that things would be "getting better soon" that have been made here.

The short version: I went to the CG showroom in May and tried on their slim fit gray suit. Loved the fit, loved the quality, and decided to go with it for my wedding party. Due to a preponderance of dudes, we ended up needing eight of them. I was told they'd ship in August, 3 months before the wedding. Now it's October, and after a multitude of excuses (restocking, moving warehouse, inventory taking longer than expected, out of pants for like 2 months) I finally got a suit this week. They shipped me the wrong fit in all 3 pieces. At least my future brother-in-law only got one piece wrong, because whoever took his order decided he'd like his jacket to be randomly modern fit instead of slim sit. A third suit shipped out entirely slim fit instead of modern fit (ironically enough given my experience). All of these shipped in the past week, after countless calls from us and, most irritatingly, ZERO communication from CG despite multiple assurances to the contrary. I've been told repeatedly that I would be emailed when items were in stock or if they would be further delayed, and not once has anyone in customer service delivered on that. They're all very pleasant, but the place seems to still be a cluster%*&. The $50 back they offered on (literally) my ninth call earlier this week (today was number ten) hardly makes up for the insane level of frustration they've caused, not to mention the stress about potentially not having suits in time for the wedding.

I cannot possibly exaggerate here: dealing with CG has been, hands down, the worst experience I've ever had buying anything...and I'm not even done dealing with this crap yet. The only part they really seem to have down is the taking-your-money part.

TL;DR: Don't use CG for wedding suits unless the theme of your wedding is "impotent rage."

Comment

[MENTION=14615]ItsDannyM[/MENTION]

First off I'd like to apologize for the bout of issues you are having with our wedding program. I'd like to take care of this right away. Could you e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll do some digging as to what mishaps happened and make sure that everything is sorted out at once.

I'm not trying to make excuses for our logistics we are working on it everyday. I do apologize for the inconvenience and I hope to make this right by you ASAP!

Thanks,

Comment

[MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION]

Are there sizing guides available for the new peacoats and topcoats. With the site redesign, I can't seem to find them.

Comment

Email sent--thanks for the quick reply! Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Comment

[MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION] I preordered a suit size 40R, 32. My concern is that my suit may be the wrong size. Therefore, if I need to exchange them, my size may not be available? How should I deal with this?

Comment

Originally posted by vai View Post
                  [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION] I preordered a suit size 40R, 32. My concern is that my suit may be the wrong size. Therefore, if I need to exchange them, my size may not be available? How should I deal with this?
                  I recommend contacting their CS through their website. They helped me when I ordered my suit when the shipment was delayed. Sorry to hear the suit doesn't fit.

Glad to note, my endurance pants were shipped a day after my order this time around! Sound improvement.
                  6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Just checked out yesterday the new collection for pre-order and I must say i love most of them!
                    The blue nailhead suit, brown windowpane and the blue check are in the basket already, only waiting for the permission from the Dept. of Budget and Management aka the Wife.
                    5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Just a heads up, the weekender bag is available for pre-order now. Supposed to ship mid December. I just placed an order for the canvas one. Available in leather too, which looks nice, but I'm too cheap for that.

Comment

I would have insta-pre ordered the weekender bag, but 2 things stopped me.
                        1) I find it odd that the bag doesn't come with a shoulder strap. I confirmed this via their CS.
                        2) This new design doesn't have an external pocket which I find very useful for quick grab items while traveling.

Comment

And once again guys that need Modern Fit get the short end of the stick, or stock as it were.

Comment

So what is the general consensus on CG suits? Worth the money? Better than an equally priced suit from JAB or MW?

I can't weed thru 124 pages of posts to find the answer...

Comment

Originally posted by Cbiscuit View Post
                              So what is the general consensus on CG suits? Worth the money? Better than an equally priced suit from JAB or MW?

I can't weed thru 124 pages of posts to find the answer...
                              Yes, better than an equally priced suit from JAB or MW. By a large margin.
                              6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

I don't wear suits everyday, but maybe a few times a month. I need another suit for an upcoming assignment. Should i look at a CG then, given that i wasn't looking to spend more than about 200 anyway (and really only know JAB)?

Comment

Working...
                                X