Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
    Yes - We are launching Fall/Winter within the next few weeks and there are 12 new suit options. We are offering a varied amount of options in pertaining to shoulders and lapels. We are also releasing a new slue of blazers that are completely soft shouldered and unconstructed.

I think you'll find it to your liking.

Thanks!
    Great. Will the sportcoats have patch pockets? i'm a stickler for those. I know most are indifferent, so I understand if they don't.

EDIT: Is there a lookbook that I could have a glance at?
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by Billyum View Post
      Awesome, I look forward to the new line coming out! Do you know when the new suits will be release? I am attending a wedding November 14th and would love to get a new suit for it, just want to see if this new batch of suits would be available for me for the wedding.

Thanks!
      Hey [MENTION=14265]Billyum[/MENTION],

Thanks! The new line will start to drop within the next two weeks, so you should everything with more than enough time for the Nov 14th' date.

Comment

Originally posted by nhandy007
        I am purchasing 7 suits of varying sizes for a mid-December wedding. The price/quality of the Combatant Gentlemen suits are attractive, but I am a bit worried about their inventory issues. The suit I am interested in is a part of their basics $160 line, but it is lacking in several key sizes right now. I wouldn't expect these suits should require significant tailoring, but I would still like to get them a couple of weeks before the wedding if possible.

I spoke with a CG representative who assured me that these suits typically come back in stock regularly. With your experience with CG, would you recommend that I commit to purchase the suits from CG or look elsewhere where I could have more assurance that the sizes I need will be stocked?

Thanks for your help!
        Hey Thought I'd jump in here.

We actually keep our wedding inventory away from our site inventory since the launch of our Groom's Suite located here: https://combatgent.com/weddings

We did this for the exact reason you are worried. We don't want to leave anyone high and dry so once you setup your wedding with the portal we reserve inventory for your wedding up to 4 months in advance. Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by ronrob View Post
          If there's anything I've learned about CG, it's that their basic suits do NOT come back in stock "regularly", at least not for the buying public (their wedding department may get stock that we do not see, I suppose). As much as I like their product and price point, customer service as it relates to inventory is something that you give up when dealing with them. If it were my wedding, I'd be very hesitant about using them without a very long lead time. In your situation, I'd suggest you look elsewhere. December is not all that far away when tailoring is involved (and it should be, you're overly optimistic about the fit). You're roughly ten weeks out right now. I'd give CG a couple of weeks to actually deliver on getting stock, and if they don't deliver a tracking number by then, I'd look elsewhere. Also, have a backup plan *now*. Know where you're going to go, and be prepared to spend more than you were planning at CG.

Just as an example, I've waited literally the entire calendar year to see my size of jacket or pant in the basic charcoal and my pants size in the light grey (34). I've been very tuned into their inventory all year long in the slim fit line, and frankly, they've been super thin for product all year. My advice when hoping to acquire something from them is to buy yours the moment you see it - very often the stock is low enough that it won't wait until payday or sometime more convenient. Popular sizes such as my pants size are gone sometimes within hours.

There is a reason why I suggested waiting two weeks, however. They're due for a rollout of their fall line soon, and they may indeed get a restock on their basics as well. The only other time I might expect any kind of restock this year might be just before Black Friday, but that's far too close to your date to wait on the possibility. Also, if their track record is any indicator, shipping times around Black Friday and well into the new year will jump into the several weeks range when filling an order. It's simply not an option that close to your wedding.
          Hey [MENTION=12746]ronrob[/MENTION],

Sorry you feel this way and you do have my personal email address if there is anything I can help with I'll get right on it. A lot of what you are mentioning has been fixed by the advent of our Wedding Portal: https://combatgent.com/weddings Weddings are a large part of our business and we have created it specifically for inventory issues. We also wanted to help add a layer of transparency between the groom and the rest of his groomsmen.

As per our other inventory we refresh stock bi-weekly, but you are correct it does move at an incredibly fast rate. We will be completely replenished at a higher volume here very soon. As a young company we are constantly trying to scale with demand, as well as our unique supply-chain - we are learning more and more everyday.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
            Great. Will the sportcoats have patch pockets? i'm a stickler for those. I know most are indifferent, so I understand if they don't.

EDIT: Is there a lookbook that I could have a glance at?
            We have Sportcoats coming with both patch and flap pockets!

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Comment

Hey [MENTION=12746]ronrob[/MENTION],

Sorry you feel this way and you do have my personal email address if there is anything I can help with I'll get right on it. A lot of what you are mentioning has been fixed by the advent of our Wedding Portal: https://combatgent.com/weddings Weddings are a large part of our business and we have created it specifically for inventory issues. We also wanted to help add a layer of transparency between the groom and the rest of his groomsmen.

As per our other inventory we refresh stock bi-weekly, but you are correct it does move at an incredibly fast rate. We will be completely replenished at a higher volume here very soon. As a young company we are constantly trying to scale with demand, as well as our unique supply-chain - we are learning more and more everyday.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
              Hi Vishaal,

There's certainly no malice intended in my post, I'm simply sharing my experiences as aa many times repeat customer. As someone who checks your site at a minimum on a daily basis (and frequently several times a day), I have to say I feel like I've done my part as a customer wanting to buy product - I simply can't get it. The email notify feature has yet to give me what I seek either, so I can only conclude that the bi weekly re-stock must be exceedingly small.

And congrats on the new filter by size feature on the suits page! It's much appreciated.

Comment

Is there a restock in the Weekender Bag occurring any time in the near future?

Comment

Originally posted by shaun View Post
                  Is there a restock in the Weekender Bag occurring any time in the near future?
                  FYI, new weekender bags are listed in the coming soon section, Fall 2015. If you scroll back a few pages, Vishaal said they will be available in November.

https://combatgent.com/coming-soon

Comment

Originally posted by Billyum View Post
                    FYI, new weekender bags are listed in the coming soon section, Fall 2015. If you scroll back a few pages, Vishaal said they will be available in November.

https://combatgent.com/coming-soon
                    Looks like they've switched materials at the very least. Not sure how I feel about that. :\

Comment

Originally posted by ronrob View Post
                      Looks like they've switched materials at the very least. Not sure how I feel about that. :\
                      Switched, or added a new model? Looks like the one in the background is the same as the original, with the presumably new leather one in the foreground.

Comment

Thank you sir! I appreciate the info.

Comment

Damn that was fast

Yep - we've upgraded the design quite substantially. There is only one track now, which makes the zip-up much more efficient and easy to operate. Video soon!

Video sooner, if you want one of my goofy ass using it on a iphone camera and don't mind the shotty video quality...

Thanks,

Comment

Damn that was fast

Yep - we've upgraded the design quite substantially. There is only one track now, which makes the zip-up much more efficient and easy to operate. Video soon!

Video sooner, if you want one of my goofy ass using it on a iphone camera and don't mind the shotty video quality...

Thanks,
                            It still has the design/concept from the last one though, right? Just different materials and more efficient at a reasonable price? The original design was fantastic, so a more standard weekender duffel would be a letdown. I've been waiting to snatch one up for 2-3 day business trips.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonFed View Post
                              It still has the design/concept from the last one though, right? Just different materials and more efficient at a reasonable price? The original design was fantastic, so a more standard weekender duffel would be a letdown. I've been waiting to snatch one up for 2-3 day business trips.
                              Yes and yes. Same concept. We just wanted to make the bag easier to zip, that is the only thing that has changed. It is still a convertible garment bag.

Thanks,

Comment

Awesome, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X