Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
    Sure! Please forgive the imperfections on the jacket.. I cut the samples by hand and I can get careless because I tend to go for speed when sampling on the fly. I'm finalizing button stance on the 1 button as we speak... Let me know if you have any thoughts!

http://imgur.com/SCQErBZ

Thanks,
    Looks good! I'm looking forward to being able to order these!

Comment

Modern Fit Travel Jackets/Blazers are well on their way!
      Hey [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION], do we have an ETA for these Modern Fit Travel Jackets?

Comment

I had my first experience with Combatant Gentleman a couple of weeks ago.

I was not happy with it the quality of their chinos and their fit. Also, when trying to contact them I finally received an email from someone who was frustratingly unprofessional. A tip for customer service, don't use a hashtag in an email. I had to contact them 3 different times to get a response.

It may just be my experience, but I don't find them worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by fencedwall View Post
          I had my first experience with Combatant Gentleman a couple of weeks ago.

I was not happy with it the quality of their chinos and their fit. Also, when trying to contact them I finally received an email from someone who was frustratingly unprofessional. A tip for customer service, don't use a hashtag in an email. I had to contact them 3 different times to get a response.

It may just be my experience, but I don't find them worth it.
          I received a shirt with a button fallen off, and other random threads. The fabric felt alright. The jeans went back immediately and I had to remind customer service a few times to get the money refunded. Coupled with the lack of stock; I've given up. Customer service reigns supreme, and this company has next to none.

On a separate but related note, the lack of supply caused me to order a slate blue suit from Black Lapel. Customer service to this point has been excellent and I'm expecting my suit in ~3 days. Can't wait to review.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=2877]Lukeduke[/MENTION]

They will be in in November!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Comment

Hey [MENTION=13288]fencedwall[/MENTION],

Thanks for the honest input and I am very sorry for your negative experience. We are constantly working with our CS team to ensure every customer is well taken care of, and we hope to have these issues taken care of asap. If you could e-mail directly at [email protected] I'd love to see if we can't take care of you for the negative experience.

Comment

Will there be a peak lapel tux?

Comment

Originally posted by sjr View Post
                  Will there be a peak lapel tux?
                  Yep - 1 button peak tux coming in November!

Comment

Just wanted to update about the shipping. I ordered a suit with the recent restock. On the order receipt page it said they usually take a day to ship. This is surprising. This used to say 3 - 5 business days. I thought if their previous estimate was off, then I wouldn't be upset if my order was shipped a few days later than promised. Six and half hours later I got a shipping confirmation email! Props [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION] . With the chatter about how the slim fit suits have changed, I may end up seeing if the refund experience has improved as well. Either way, excited to receive my CG suit!

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=12296]firemunkee[/MENTION]

Hope everything works out well for you!

This is our 5th and largest warehouse move this year, so I think we are good to go! Next up suit delivery via drone!! (JK!)

Also, we are in the midst of launching our digital returns, so that should be squared away as well!

Thanks,
                      Last edited by vishaalmelwani; September 24, 2015, 05:25 PM. Reason: returns details

Comment

[MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION] will you ever offer different styles of suits. I'd consider ordering from you if you had a soft shoulder option with 3.25"+ (4" preferably) lapels.
                        My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                          [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION] will you ever offer different styles of suits. I'd consider ordering from you if you had a soft shoulder option with 3.25"+ (4" preferably) lapels.
                          Yes - We are launching Fall/Winter within the next few weeks and there are 12 new suit options. We are offering a varied amount of options in pertaining to shoulders and lapels. We are also releasing a new slue of blazers that are completely soft shouldered and unconstructed.

I think you'll find it to your liking.

Thanks!

Comment

I recently got a suit from them and am happy for the price. Its not perfect but its still better than whatever I find in macy's or nordstroms

Comment

Yes - We are launching Fall/Winter within the next few weeks and there are 12 new suit options. We are offering a varied amount of options in pertaining to shoulders and lapels. We are also releasing a new slue of blazers that are completely soft shouldered and unconstructed.

I think you'll find it to your liking.

Thanks!
                              Awesome, I look forward to the new line coming out! Do you know when the new suits will be release? I am attending a wedding November 14th and would love to get a new suit for it, just want to see if this new batch of suits would be available for me for the wedding.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by nhandy007
                                I am purchasing 7 suits of varying sizes for a mid-December wedding. The price/quality of the Combatant Gentlemen suits are attractive, but I am a bit worried about their inventory issues. The suit I am interested in is a part of their basics $160 line, but it is lacking in several key sizes right now. I wouldn't expect these suits should require significant tailoring, but I would still like to get them a couple of weeks before the wedding if possible.

I spoke with a CG representative who assured me that these suits typically come back in stock regularly. With your experience with CG, would you recommend that I commit to purchase the suits from CG or look elsewhere where I could have more assurance that the sizes I need will be stocked?

Thanks for your help!
                                If there's anything I've learned about CG, it's that their basic suits do NOT come back in stock "regularly", at least not for the buying public (their wedding department may get stock that we do not see, I suppose). As much as I like their product and price point, customer service as it relates to inventory is something that you give up when dealing with them. If it were my wedding, I'd be very hesitant about using them without a very long lead time. In your situation, I'd suggest you look elsewhere. December is not all that far away when tailoring is involved (and it should be, you're overly optimistic about the fit). You're roughly ten weeks out right now. I'd give CG a couple of weeks to actually deliver on getting stock, and if they don't deliver a tracking number by then, I'd look elsewhere. Also, have a backup plan *now*. Know where you're going to go, and be prepared to spend more than you were planning at CG.

Just as an example, I've waited literally the entire calendar year to see my size of jacket or pant in the basic charcoal and my pants size in the light grey (34). I've been very tuned into their inventory all year long in the slim fit line, and frankly, they've been super thin for product all year. My advice when hoping to acquire something from them is to buy yours the moment you see it - very often the stock is low enough that it won't wait until payday or sometime more convenient. Popular sizes such as my pants size are gone sometimes within hours.

There is a reason why I suggested waiting two weeks, however. They're due for a rollout of their fall line soon, and they may indeed get a restock on their basics as well. The only other time I might expect any kind of restock this year might be just before Black Friday, but that's far too close to your date to wait on the possibility. Also, if their track record is any indicator, shipping times around Black Friday and well into the new year will jump into the several weeks range when filling an order. It's simply not an option that close to your wedding.

Comment

Working...
                                X