No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I order 2 traveler jackets and was very surprised with the fast shipping as past orders always takes weeks major improvement that is for sure. I love the jackets no need for tailor and perfect for a casual events.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsedlak View Post
      An updated review on this site would definitely help. I just purchased a suit from them today even though I had heard about the site awhile ago. The old review on here made me hesitate a little at first even though I could see that some of the complaints had been handled. The suit I purchased was $160 so no matter what I end up getting it will be hard to be disappointed.
      I second this. I wish they would cover CG like they do J. Crew Factory. Let's get some periodic reviews on their new products.

Comment

I agree. Just had one of their grey plaid suits tailored and she commented on the quality of the materials. Could not believe the price when I told her.

Comment

Does anybody use the "Notify Me" button on items that are out of stock? Does it work? How long usually do you have to wait? I need a Modern fit suit by the end of October, should I wait or look at something like Jcrew? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by joekloo View Post
            Does anybody use the "Notify Me" button on items that are out of stock? Does it work? How long usually do you have to wait? I need a Modern fit suit by the end of October, should I wait or look at something like Jcrew? Thanks
            Using the notify button doesn't make them restock any sooner. Your best bet is to contact customer support and ask them on the restock time.

Comment

Originally posted by joekloo View Post
              Best bet is to just keep checking the site. They seem to have re-stocked some sizes of the Modern fit last week with no prior mention of it anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
                Using the notify button doesn't make them restock any sooner. Your best bet is to contact customer support and ask them on the restock time.
                Not only does customer support have no idea when things will restock, but the notify button doesn't notify you either... unless of course the 35 things I signed up for notifications on over the last year NEVER came back in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by UndisputedSuitorOfRepute View Post
                  Not only does customer support have no idea when things will restock, but the notify button doesn't notify you either... unless of course the 35 things I signed up for notifications on over the last year NEVER came back in stock.
                  That might be more on target than you realize.

Comment

Originally posted by groomt View Post
                    Best bet is to just keep checking the site. They seem to have re-stocked some sizes of the Modern fit last week with no prior mention of it anywhere.
                    They aren't lasting long though, the pants are just about gone in the charcoal. I did pick up a modern fit 44L/32 combo last night, and I might have gotten the last pair of 32 pants. Be interesting to see how that fits out of the box as I've only done the slim fit until now. I'm sure the jacket will have to be pretty heavily tailored.

FYI, I was told the lighter gray is supposed to get a restock in the next two weeks.

Comment

Just ordered a Slim Fit navy suit from them on Sunday 8/23 and it'll be arriving Friday 8/28 according to UPS, well within the timeline they advertise. Surprisingly 42R/36W was available.
                      Once it gets in, I'll post pics if anyone's interested

Comment

Purchased workhorse pants in charcoal and grey, they are on the baggy side. This slim fit is more like a relaxed fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Supramanz View Post
                          Purchased workhorse pants in charcoal and grey, they are on the baggy side. This slim fit is more like a relaxed fit.
                          Depends on your body type. They were way too tight on me, I wish they offered them in a roomier cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Billyum View Post
                            Depends on your body type. They were way too tight on me, I wish they offered them in a roomier cut.
                            I agree. Their slim cut in suit pants fits me very well. In the workhorse pants they are if anything tighter through the hips and butt. Having a bit of give to the 100% wool in the suit pants is likely the difference as much as anything. Neither can come remotely close to qualifying as baggy, however. Differences between body types (in other words, the first poster having thin legs) explains this difference in findings much better than blaming the cut. My oldest son is very slight of build as I used to be, but that doesn't mean the cut is baggy - it just means he hasn't worked at developing much leg meat at all.

I've got a modern fit suit on the way for the first time, it'll be interesting to me to see the differences up close.

Comment

Originally posted by ronrob View Post
                              I agree. Their slim cut in suit pants fits me very well. In the workhorse pants they are if anything tighter through the hips and butt. Having a bit of give to the 100% wool in the suit pants is likely the difference as much as anything. Neither can come remotely close to qualifying as baggy, however. Differences between body types (in other words, the first poster having thin legs) explains this difference in findings much better than blaming the cut. My oldest son is very slight of build as I used to be, but that doesn't mean the cut is baggy - it just means he hasn't worked at developing much leg meat at all.

I've got a modern fit suit on the way for the first time, it'll be interesting to me to see the differences up close.

What is the measurement of the leg openings for the dress pants?

Comment

Originally posted by Fooz View Post
                                What is the measurement of the leg openings for the dress pants?
                                At the ankle the half measure is 8 inches. At one inch below the crotch the thigh half measure is 12.5. Basically a slim but not skinny. The ankle number could stand a half inch of thinning, in my opinion.

Those numbers come from a pair of workhorse pants that arrived this evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X