Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrimsonFed View Post
    One thing that would be great is if they could allow you to filter their suit collection a little more effectively. The constant stock issues have lead me to pursue a suit separates strategy. Being able to filter by jacket vs pants vs vest would be great especially if you can also filter by your sizes to immediately see what's in stock. Best solution is to have everything in stock but barring that, at least make it easier to find our sizes without an epic click fest. Love what I've gotten so far though.
    I second this. And I can't imagine it hasn't been considered. But it will readily reveal how little is in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by xucardsfan08 View Post
      [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION]
      Any plans on releasing a traditional, one-button tuxedo, either shawl or peak lapel?
      Yep - sampled and ready to hit the production line.

We will be doing it in 2 colors. Midnight Blue and a black!

October launch

Comment

Originally posted by mrtoren View Post
        I'm curious as to why we haven't seen more Combatant Gentlemen reviews on Dappered. The first - and only - mention of the brand dates back to December 2013. Combatant Gentlemen has drastically evolved since that time and greatly expanded their offerings. Moreover, the popularity of Combatant Gentlemen has virtually exploded. So why is it almost completely left out of the discussion on Dappered? Is there bad blood between the two?
        No bad blood whatsoever! We love the gents at Dappered. The forum has helped become who we are today and we are proud followers!

Comment

Originally posted by UndisputedSuitorOfRepute View Post
          I've been trying to order from them for ~a year. Everything constantly out of stock, and any new things are "small batch" sell out instantly, and never return. The eternal waiting list. The brand doesn't really have it together, they posted on facebook about a small batch suit returning, and 3 months later with no new information I emailed a rep and they said "we don't know, maybe." I don't have time for I don't knows and maybes, so, I ordered from a known entity instead. Word of mouth goes a long way.
          Completely agree with you here. Stock issues are something we have faced since day 1. With our vertical integration it makes for a longer lead time and that is something we are perfecting everyday. We are working night and day to get more and more stock under way, and I do hope you see the changes we are making. We are working towards just in time manufacturing and we think we can solve this problem very very shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by mrtoren View Post
            I'm not disputing this for a minute. I've been incredibly frustrated by their inventory control issues. I had to turn to JCF recently because I needed new suits and just couldn't sit around for another indeterminate restock. However, the quality of the suits I have purchased is unbelievable. The materials and fit are unparalleled at this price point. I think that's a large part of why they can't keep anything in stock - the brand is on fire. They're doing something right even if the inventory issues are maddening.

I just see nothing but JCF and SuitSupply all over the site and not even the slightest lip service to what I consider a revolutionary brand boasting exponential growth.
            Thanks for the support sir. As mentioned above, we are working tirelessly on the inventory. I think you will be pleased come this fall Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with in the meantime. [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonFed View Post
              One thing that would be great is if they could allow you to filter their suit collection a little more effectively. The constant stock issues have lead me to pursue a suit separates strategy. Being able to filter by jacket vs pants vs vest would be great especially if you can also filter by your sizes to immediately see what's in stock. Best solution is to have everything in stock but barring that, at least make it easier to find our sizes without an epic click fest. Love what I've gotten so far though.
              Yep! This is currently in the works!

Comment

Finally got the endurance and workhorse pants back in stock. Still no 42 waist which is annoying because the slim fit usually requires one to size up. Really like the clothes but stock issues and inconsistent sizes being available in different pieces peeves me.

Comment

Over the past couple of months I've placed 4 orders with CG and have gotten every item quickly (it helps that I am in socal near them), with the exception of the chino suit I just ordered. It was delayed by about a week because of delays at the Port of Long Beach. They emailed me to let me know of the problem, and gave me a code for 15% off my next purchase.

The suit came yesterday and was fine, except there were no buttons on the jacket. I emailed them last night and am waiting to hear back on what to do to.

I like their products, and they are very reasonable for the price. I'm looking forward to the upcoming releases of a wider range of products, and hopefully this issue gets resolved quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Billyum View Post
                    Over the past couple of months I've placed 4 orders with CG and have gotten every item quickly (it helps that I am in socal near them), with the exception of the chino suit I just ordered. It was delayed by about a week because of delays at the Port of Long Beach. They emailed me to let me know of the problem, and gave me a code for 15% off my next purchase.

The suit came yesterday and was fine, except there were no buttons on the jacket. I emailed them last night and am waiting to hear back on what to do to.

I like their products, and they are very reasonable for the price. I'm looking forward to the upcoming releases of a wider range of products, and hopefully this issue gets resolved quickly.
                    Do you mean there were no extra buttons or no buttons at all? I ordered the brown chino suit and it should arrive today. That's a pretty big problem.

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
                      Do you mean there were no extra buttons or no buttons at all? I ordered the brown chino suit and it should arrive today. That's a pretty big problem.
                      No buttons at all. I forgot to check the sleeves if they had the buttons on the cuff, but there were no buttons on the jacket to button it closed. It is certainly a huge problem, although it is easily fixed. I could exchange the jacket, or they could send me the buttons and I could have a tailor put them on and maybe they could give me a credit or something to offset the cost. I'll update when I hear back from CG

Comment

Originally posted by spm6110 View Post
                        Finally got the endurance and workhorse pants back in stock. Still no 42 waist which is annoying because the slim fit usually requires one to size up. Really like the clothes but stock issues and inconsistent sizes being available in different pieces peeves me.
                        +1 seriously. If you could make a 42-30 in slim (or God forbid modern) in the endurance and workhorse pants, you'd permanently have my business for work pants.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=14265]Billyum[/MENTION] That's definitely not acceptable. I'll take care of this right away. If you wouldn't mind, could you email me at [email protected] and I'll have a new jacket sent out to you right away!

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
                            Hey [MENTION=14265]Billyum[/MENTION] That's definitely not acceptable. I'll take care of this right away. If you wouldn't mind, could you email me at [email protected] and I'll have a new jacket sent out to you right away!

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
                            Thank you!

Update on my situation: I heard back from CG and they have shipped me another jacket. I received the shipping confirmation. They told me to send back the first jacket with the included return label at my earliest convenience.

Obviously I would have liked to avoid the situation, but they handled it quickly. All my other CG orders have been perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Billyum View Post
                              Thank you!

Update on my situation: I heard back from CG and they have shipped me another jacket. I received the shipping confirmation. They told me to send back the first jacket with the included return label at my earliest convenience.

Obviously I would have liked to avoid the situation, but they handled it quickly. All my other CG orders have been perfect.
                              I got mine today, buttons were included. Haha. Looks like you got the special jacket. Hopefully, everything works out with yours.

Comment

An updated review on this site would definitely help. I just purchased a suit from them today even though I had heard about the site awhile ago. The old review on here made me hesitate a little at first even though I could see that some of the complaints had been handled. The suit I purchased was $160 so no matter what I end up getting it will be hard to be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                                X