Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
    Yep - we are working on a HUGE re-stock of the current line up as we speak. We have been doing small re-stocks every few weeks, but we are about to unleash a ton here in the next few weeks, so we should be good to go!

Thanks,
    Any chance that will include the tan sharkskin or navy plaid three piece in slim? Or the dress pants in 34/34? I've been waiting on those items for half the year, seems like.

Comment

Yep - we are working on a HUGE re-stock of the current line up as we speak. We have been doing small re-stocks every few weeks, but we are about to unleash a ton here in the next few weeks, so we should be good to go!

Thanks,
      That's awesome! I'll keep an eye out.

Comment

Originally posted by ronrob View Post
        Any chance that will include the tan sharkskin or navy plaid three piece in slim? Or the dress pants in 34/34? I've been waiting on those items for half the year, seems like.
        yes to both!

Comment

Hey [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION] - can you give any update on when the weekender bags will be restocked?

Comment

Originally posted by ajs116 View Post
            Hey [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION] - can you give any update on when the weekender bags will be restocked?
            November

Comment

Originally posted by ajs116 View Post
              November

Comment

November
                Thanks

Comment

Just took delivery on my gray plaid 3-piece. Love it. Need to get it taken I a bit in the shoulders, I think, as well as the pants hemmed, but it's going to be a wardrobe staple. Love you guys! Now I just need the navy plaid in 50R and I'm set.

Comment

[MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION]
                    Any plans on releasing a traditional, one-button tuxedo, either shawl or peak lapel?

Comment

I'm curious as to why we haven't seen more Combatant Gentlemen reviews on Dappered. The first - and only - mention of the brand dates back to December 2013. Combatant Gentlemen has drastically evolved since that time and greatly expanded their offerings. Moreover, the popularity of Combatant Gentlemen has virtually exploded. So why is it almost completely left out of the discussion on Dappered? Is there bad blood between the two?

Comment

Originally posted by mrtoren View Post
                        I'm curious as to why we haven't seen more Combatant Gentlemen reviews on Dappered. The first - and only - mention of the brand dates back to December 2013. Combatant Gentlemen has drastically evolved since that time and greatly expanded their offerings. Moreover, the popularity of Combatant Gentlemen has virtually exploded. So why is it almost completely left out of the discussion on Dappered? Is there bad blood between the two?
                        I've been trying to order from them for ~a year. Everything constantly out of stock, and any new things are "small batch" sell out instantly, and never return. The eternal waiting list. The brand doesn't really have it together, they posted on facebook about a small batch suit returning, and 3 months later with no new information I emailed a rep and they said "we don't know, maybe." I don't have time for I don't knows and maybes, so, I ordered from a known entity instead. Word of mouth goes a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by UndisputedSuitorOfRepute View Post
                          I've been trying to order from them for ~a year. Everything constantly out of stock, and any new things are "small batch" sell out instantly, and never return. The eternal waiting list. The brand doesn't really have it together, they posted on facebook about a small batch suit returning, and 3 months later with no new information I emailed a rep and they said "we don't know, maybe." I don't have time for I don't knows and maybes, so, I ordered from a known entity instead. Word of mouth goes a long way.
                          I'm not disputing this for a minute. I've been incredibly frustrated by their inventory control issues. I had to turn to JCF recently because I needed new suits and just couldn't sit around for another indeterminate restock. However, the quality of the suits I have purchased is unbelievable. The materials and fit are unparalleled at this price point. I think that's a large part of why they can't keep anything in stock - the brand is on fire. They're doing something right even if the inventory issues are maddening.

I just see nothing but JCF and SuitSupply all over the site and not even the slightest lip service to what I consider a revolutionary brand boasting exponential growth.

Comment

Originally posted by mrtoren View Post
                            I'm not disputing this for a minute. I've been incredibly frustrated by their inventory control issues. I had to turn to JCF recently because I needed new suits and just couldn't sit around for another indeterminate restock. However, the quality of the suits I have purchased is unbelievable. The materials and fit are unparalleled at this price point. I think that's a large part of why they can't keep anything in stock - the brand is on fire. They're doing something right even if the inventory issues are maddening.

I just see nothing but JCF and SuitSupply all over the site and not even the slightest lip service to what I consider a revolutionary brand boasting exponential growth.
                            Dang, that review makes me wish I could get one, haha. I've been eyeing the slate blue sharkskin for months, with no information about a return. I need the off blue for a wedding, so I'm turning to this http://blacklapel.com/shop/suits/spa...rringbone-suit would have been nice to be able to try the better value suit.

Comment

Originally posted by UndisputedSuitorOfRepute View Post
                              Dang, that review makes me wish I could get one, haha. I've been eyeing the slate blue sharkskin for months, with no information about a return. I need the off blue for a wedding, so I'm turning to this http://blacklapel.com/shop/suits/spa...rringbone-suit would have been nice to be able to try the better value suit.
                              I've really enjoyed mine. Great color alternative to a navy without getting too light. But the headache of waiting on stock with CG is beyond frustrating. Size 34 pants are among the very first to sell out, and without that, the rest of the exercise is pointless. I had hopes they'd get better over the course of this year, as they've had a couple of years to mature, but they've gotten worse. So. Much. Worse.

The product is very good for the price, but you have to know what you're giving up.

Comment

One thing that would be great is if they could allow you to filter their suit collection a little more effectively. The constant stock issues have lead me to pursue a suit separates strategy. Being able to filter by jacket vs pants vs vest would be great especially if you can also filter by your sizes to immediately see what's in stock. Best solution is to have everything in stock but barring that, at least make it easier to find our sizes without an epic click fest. Love what I've gotten so far though.

Comment

Working...
                                X