Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by livewyre View Post
    I was starting to wonder if I was the only one having trouble ordering anything from them. It seems as though they haven't had any 34x32 available (or practically any other non-physics defying size for that matter) for any of their endurance/workhorse pants in at least 2, maybe 3 months. I realize this is one of the most common sizes, but seriously, a couple months and still no inventory available??? I've selected to be notified of availability for pretty much every color/style of their dress pants, but I'm losing faith in their ability to catch up to the demand. I've got a couple of suits from them, one slim fit and one modern fit, and I like the quality and love the price, but I feel like I won the lottery anytime they actually have something I want in stock in my size.
    Believe me these pants are worth it. I'm a 34x30 so I feel your pain when it comes to stocking up on them... I've been wearing Banana Republic, J. Crew, Brooks Brothers, etc. Nothing matches these pants when it comes to comfort, style, and wrinkle-resistance.

    I feel like they're worth the wait but you're absolutely right, a couple of months is ridiculous. I've spoken with two(?) of their customer service people and both told me that they won't be restocked until October/Fall..
    Which is ridiculous.

    I work with a Cadillac dealership and I need to wear clothes that are Cadillac quality. To me, Combatant Gentleman is Cadillac quality and I would love to wear CG clothes while I represent my brand. Even their suits! There are only three(?) suits right now that are in my size.

    I love CG. They're one of my favorite brands. I have a bunch of their ties, a few shirts, a cardigan, and a pair of their workhorse pants. They're my go to clothes and they look great, RIGHT out of the wash. Except the black oxford, that thing faded horribly; it looks grey now. Regardless, CG needs to put more time into restocking their clothes.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Nick of the Dead View Post
      Believe me these pants are worth it. I'm a 34x30 so I feel your pain when it comes to stocking up on them... I've been wearing Banana Republic, J. Crew, Brooks Brothers, etc. Nothing matches these pants when it comes to comfort, style, and wrinkle-resistance.
      I've been put off from these because they are 40% polyester. How is the quality of the material when compared to brands like J. Crew and Brooks Brothers?

      Comment


        Originally posted by pyattdrummer View Post
        I've been put off from these because they are 40% polyester. How is the quality of the material when compared to brands like J. Crew and Brooks Brothers?

        The polyester makes a BIG difference. No wrinkles. Like I'm on my fourth wear with them.. No dry cleaning.. just spot washing when needed.. I mean I'm clean and I don't sweat much so, why not? They're perfect.. No wrinkles.
        Aside from that, they're comfortable and lack a lining which I was against at first but I love it. They're perfectly light and they're comfortable all day. I wear mine for about 12hrs when I do. Trust me, they're worth it.

        Also they have a weird rubber thing around the inside of the waist that helps keep the shirt tucked in. Thought it was bullshit at first but it actually works. If I had to, I could go beltless.

        Edit: I forgot to really give comparison. Sorry!
        I find that J. Crew pants wrinkle easily and are uncomfortable in the waist, crotch, and everywhere else compromised by "slim fits", while these pants fit in all the right places but are still slim!
        I only have a two Brooks Brothers suits so I can't really judge that much pants-wise. They're both different weights and I'd say they're comparable. Again, CG is more comfortable and doesn't wrinkle as much.

        If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

        Comment


          The 40% is actually what makes it comfortable. As Nick of the Dead pointed out, there's no wrinkles whatsoever and it makes it easy to clean. It's also supposed to increase the durability of the pants. If I recall correctly, when CG first started, their suits/pants were actually 60% wool and 40% polyester. Interesting to see these make a come back. My only suggestion is that while 40% polyester is fine for breathability and moisture wicking, don't buy anything with more than 40% polyester.

          Comment


            So I had read earlier in this thread about people sizing up in the slim suits for those of us that can't find a quarter of the choices in modern fit. Tried to size up, normally a 46R in modern so I tried a 48R in the travel jacket. Does the movie phrase "Big guy in a little coat" ring a bell? Jesus, I couldn't even get my arms in it. When in (insert your own personal deity here) name are they ever going to get more modern fit items. JCrew, Banana, suitsupply, and countless others already serve the "slim" market and I thought I had finally found a place that I could buy clothes that fit. Expand the modern fit category already. (Not that much of any items are in stock now anyway.) I applaud their efforts to expand, but maybe they should take care (have stock) of what they already sell instead of branching out even more. Ok, rant off.

            Comment


              Every style of everything is out of stock in any human size. I've been waitlisted on shirts for ~a year. I've given up hope of ever trying them out.

              Comment


                Originally posted by UndisputedSuitorOfRepute View Post
                Every style of everything is out of stock in any human size. I've been waitlisted on shirts for ~a year. I've given up hope of ever trying them out.
                Their shirts right now actually have a decent selection of sizes (at least the dozen or so I clicked on). You should check it out, quickly!

                Comment


                  Can anyone tell me how the modern and slim fit suit jackets compare to the Stafford signature cotton sport coat classic fits? I am just about a perfect 46R in the Stafford and am trying to figure out what cut and what size I actually need to order and if I can do the slim fit at all.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by UndisputedSuitorOfRepute View Post
                    Every style of everything is out of stock in any human size. I've been waitlisted on shirts for ~a year. I've given up hope of ever trying them out.
                    ^ this

                    I was going to pick up about 4 shirts, a pair of chinos, & possibly a navy suit. Literally nothing in my size was in stock tonight - I'm a 33x32, 40R, 16in neck. Even if those are extremely popular sizes, I noted there wasn't anything in stock for guys anywhere remotely north or south of me. At first I was hoping it was a false-scarcity ploy to get my email or get me engaged w/ online support but if you've been waiting a year... hopefully the owner can hop back on the thread and provide some enlightenment as to why it is so hard to order anything.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by groomt View Post
                      So I had read earlier in this thread about people sizing up in the slim suits for those of us that can't find a quarter of the choices in modern fit. Tried to size up, normally a 46R in modern so I tried a 48R in the travel jacket. Does the movie phrase "Big guy in a little coat" ring a bell? Jesus, I couldn't even get my arms in it. When in (insert your own personal deity here) name are they ever going to get more modern fit items. JCrew, Banana, suitsupply, and countless others already serve the "slim" market and I thought I had finally found a place that I could buy clothes that fit. Expand the modern fit category already. (Not that much of any items are in stock now anyway.) I applaud their efforts to expand, but maybe they should take care (have stock) of what they already sell instead of branching out even more. Ok, rant off.
                      This is true. J. Crew, Banana Republic, and Suitsupply do have slim fitting suits. But they're also at a higher price point. At CG's price point, it's mostly regular fit and bullshit slim (which is still boxy as hell). However, it's irritating that no matter what you buy, there's always a wait for stock. How hard should it be to give somebody your money/business? I'm glad I bought my suit 5 months prior to the date I actually used it.

                      If I recall correctly though, the Fall suits should have bemberg lining. If you're not desperate need of a suit, I'd wait for the new lining. It makes a huge difference.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by CrimsonFed View Post
                        Can anyone tell me how the modern and slim fit suit jackets compare to the Stafford signature cotton sport coat classic fits? I am just about a perfect 46R in the Stafford and am trying to figure out what cut and what size I actually need to order and if I can do the slim fit at all.
                        I have one of their suits in charcoal nailhead I believe and it fits great in 46R, however, if their slim suits are the same fit as their travel jackets, the arms are considerably narrower, even going to a 48R (I only have 17" biceps). I also have an old(ish) Stafford travel suit, the size is almost the same as the modern fit I have, although the CG suit has a little more suppression around the waist and the shoulders are far less padded.

                        Comment


                          I forgot to mention the reason for my earlier rant, looking for a cotton suit for summer weddings, blue (not navy) or khaki chino or the like. Hoping CG would come out with theirs in the modern fit........eventually.......possibly?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Elephant View Post
                            At CG's price point, it's mostly regular fit and bullshit slim (which is still boxy as hell).
                            Do you actually own one of their slim fit suits? I felt like mine was true to the "slim" billing, but just out of curiosity I measured it against one of my Napoli suits. Pit to pit was about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch roomier on the CG suit, and measured the exact same across the midsection. Both jackets were 36S. Both my slacks were tapered by my tailor, so I can't really provide OTR measurements there.

                            Given how close it measures to the Napoli, I can only assume then that you find the Napoli boxy as well? Can you provide your measurements?

                            Comment


                              I got the $30 navy endurance dress pants. I feel they need to be a little slimmer. It was the only option as nothing else on my size. The only thing to find items in stock is when they come out with a new model and you have maybe about 3 weeks before out of stock and knit ties usually less than week for the popular colors. The best tip is follow them on Facebook and order the new item quick. I don't think they will be having sale items on the near future

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Devon View Post
                                Do you actually own one of their slim fit suits? I felt like mine was true to the "slim" billing, but just out of curiosity I measured it against one of my Napoli suits. Pit to pit was about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch roomier on the CG suit, and measured the exact same across the midsection. Both jackets were 36S. Both my slacks were tapered by my tailor, so I can't really provide OTR measurements there.

                                Given how close it measures to the Napoli, I can only assume then that you find the Napoli boxy as well? Can you provide your measurements?
                                Absolutely not, not sure how you came to that conclusion. But I also consider Suitsupply to be at a higher price point. I got two CG slim fit suits that I got for $150 and $112. So I'm thinking about suits around that price.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X