Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey [MENTION=11846]Kensou[/MENTION]

We are speeding up with our new logistics team as the days go by.

Feel free to e-mail me your order # and I'll make sure it gets taken care of asap!

Thanks,

Comment

Hi Vishaal,

My wedding is upcoming in July and rather than have my groomsmen all go out and drop $200 on a tuxedo rental I was thinking maybe going through you guys so they would at least end up with a suit they could reuse after the wedding.

I would like to make the cost as reasonable as possible since I am already making them travel and adding an expensive suit to the mix would not be too kind of me.

How does this work? Is there some sort bulk ordering process/discount I should be looking into?

Thanks for any info you may be able to provide. Been thinking about trying out your suits for awhile now and this seems like a good opportunity to do so.

Comment

Viashaal -

Has there been another tweak to the fit of the slim fit suits recently? I ordered the new blue herringbone (and received the black...*wah wah sound*). Tried on the jacket for kicks and...shoulder pad seems less pronounced and more natural. Even more so than my charcoal windowpane.

Comment

Just received one of the "modern Fit" suits from them. Beautiful fabric and construction. As for fit - the jacket is cut very large - I could easily wear the slim fit (I ordered 44L at 6'3", 203 lbs) but the pants at 36 waist are very tight. I can wear a 35 comfortably from JCrew and Banana Republic, so that's a bit of a mystery to me.
          My next suit from them will be a slim fit, but I will order 38 pants to make sure they fit per their suggestion to size up in the slim fit.

Comment

Originally posted by lgball View Post
            Just received one of the "modern Fit" suits from them. Beautiful fabric and construction. As for fit - the jacket is cut very large - I could easily wear the slim fit (I ordered 44L at 6'3", 203 lbs) but the pants at 36 waist are very tight. I can wear a 35 comfortably from JCrew and Banana Republic, so that's a bit of a mystery to me.
            My next suit from them will be a slim fit, but I will order 38 pants to make sure they fit per their suggestion to size up in the slim fit.
            The slim fit pants are true-ish to size. The 34" waist is really 34 5/6". The modern fit is supposed to be vanity sized - for example, 34" is really 35 3/7".

I generally take in my slim fit pants to get to a real 33.5", but let the butt out as far as it has available (usually 3/4" or so). I have not tried the modern fit pants yet.

My 34's from JCrew Factory in Sutton (slim) fit are very generous. I just received those, so it's fresh in my mind. I could take 2" off the waist, possibly a bit more. It may simply be that your usual vendors do vanity sizing (most do), and the slim fit from CG isn't really.

I'm about your size - 6'2"/200 here, but I do lift weights regularly, so I may be a bit thinner at the same weight.

You can go here for their sizing charts:
            http://www.reddit.com/r/frugalmalefa...e_sell/ckfxrel

Comment

Just got in another order from CG. A little disappointed with the ordering process this time around. Long story short I called up their office and made some adjustments to my order. Even with the phone call, my order had issues. A chino they have listed as available on the site wasn't in stock (cool thing is they did email me about, despite it still being listed as available after the email), and the gentleman on the phone mixed up my 36 waist Modern Fit Navy suit pants for a 32 when adjusting my order.

The good news is I also order 36x30 Navy Endurance Denim and I love pretty much everything about it. The fit is great all over. It could be a little tighter around the waist, but I've tried a 34 in their Chino and my thighs and butt are just too big lol. The fabric itself is nice. Fairly soft for denim. I'll assume it has to do with the spandex added. The only thing I'm worried about it how badly it's going to fade. It has spandex mixed in so I assume it won't, but 2 people today told me it looked like it would fade fast. I've heard about lower quality dyes and how they tend to wash out more. Any insight? My charcoal Chinos did fade a fair amount, by the way, but it seems to have stopped or slowed. I wash them on cold inside out and air dry them always.

So, in summation the product is great but damn that supply.
              Last edited by mike dragon; April 23, 2015, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ronrob View Post
                The slim fit pants are true-ish to size. The 34" waist is really 34 5/6". The modern fit is supposed to be vanity sized - for example, 34" is really 35 3/7".

I generally take in my slim fit pants to get to a real 33.5", but let the butt out as far as it has available (usually 3/4" or so). I have not tried the modern fit pants yet.

My 34's from JCrew Factory in Sutton (slim) fit are very generous. I just received those, so it's fresh in my mind. I could take 2" off the waist, possibly a bit more. It may simply be that your usual vendors do vanity sizing (most do), and the slim fit from CG isn't really.

I'm about your size - 6'2"/200 here, but I do lift weights regularly, so I may be a bit thinner at the same weight.

You can go here for their sizing charts:
                http://www.reddit.com/r/frugalmalefa...e_sell/ckfxrel
                OK, so I'm returning the Classic Fit and I ordered a slim fit. Same size jacket, but went to 38 in the pants. We'll see how that works out.

Comment

Just received the slate blue sharkskin suit. It's great, a bit bluer and less gray than the website photos appear - in my case, that's perfect. I wanted a navy workalike that wasn't actually navy (because navy being so dark washes me out), and there's just the right amount of texture. Mission accomplished...after tailoring anyway, I'll have a suit that goes where navy goes and does what navy does without feeling like I'm trading looking my best.

Not as electric as cobalt blue, not navy, and definitely not sky blue...just somewhere between.

Lining appears to have changed, feels less warm than previous efforts.

Sadly I can't even bring it to the tailor until next week. :\

Comment

any chance of a restock on the navy travel blazer? It's been out forever!

Comment

a few questions about the upcoming MTM line. . .

1) will lapel proportions/styles be customizable?
                      2) are fabric options sourced through the same pipeline of current products?
                      3) will full canvas construction be an option?
                      4) will functional cuffs be an option?

Combatgent products have been easy and economical for starting to build a functional professional wardrobe so far. I have left an intentional gap "navy blue suit" in my basic closet to buy something that fits more custom and has some nicer details for use all the time. I am happy to spend the money with what I feel is a "best value" company that I already deal with, and I was happy to hear the "leaked" plans for Combatgent MTM line on this thread. I would like to know how much customization will be offered and what aspects of the construction will be fixed to maintain the aggressive price point.

Comment

*prays for bemberg lining*

Comment

Anyone able to give a rundown of which styles have which shoulder padding?
                          I ordered and returned a slim charcoal suit last year. Fit wasn't slim and shoulder pads were too thick.
                          I've read scattered reports of the new suiting having thinner padding.

Comment

Received the 44L Slim Fit and the Jacket fits very nicely. Very nice fabric as well. The 38 pants are big in the waist, but fit everywhere else. I think the pants just aren't cut that well for my shape, but I'll get them tailored and see. It seems like the 36 waist would fit just fine, but I couldn't take the chance since the 36 Modern fit were way tight.

The construction seems very good and the fabric is soft and pliable, so overall I'm very happy for $160.

Comment

So how about a restock on those workhorse pants?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick of the Dead View Post
                                So how about a restock on those workhorse pants?
                                I was starting to wonder if I was the only one having trouble ordering anything from them. It seems as though they haven't had any 34x32 available (or practically any other non-physics defying size for that matter) for any of their endurance/workhorse pants in at least 2, maybe 3 months. I realize this is one of the most common sizes, but seriously, a couple months and still no inventory available??? I've selected to be notified of availability for pretty much every color/style of their dress pants, but I'm losing faith in their ability to catch up to the demand. I've got a couple of suits from them, one slim fit and one modern fit, and I like the quality and love the price, but I feel like I won the lottery anytime they actually have something I want in stock in my size.

Comment

Working...
                                X