No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This company is totally legit, I'm having trouble finding the video but Alpham visited the company and interviewed the owner. The reason for it having good prices is that they own their own sheep which they get their own wool from.

Comment

Originally posted by mike dragon View Post
      So CG is having stock issues because of a dock strike in LA.
      So this is why they still haven't restocked Denim.

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
        Where are you getting your info on upcoming CG stuff? Thanks.
        I called them up last night to fix an issue and asked the guy on the phone a bunch of questions. Really nice guy. As long as there arent any more problems everything should be restocked by late March early April.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalGent View Post
          This company is totally legit, I'm having trouble finding the video but Alpham visited the company and interviewed the owner. The reason for it having good prices is that they own their own sheep which they get their own wool from.
          He or someone else took the video down off of youtube. It's on his website if you do a search.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Please excuse my absence in here. It's been a crazy couple of months.

To answer some questions:
            1. Yes - the dock strike has literally cut off our supply to a slow drip. We aren't really APPLE or any big player just yet, so throwing weight around in that world doesn't really work for us. We are patiently waiting and try to get ready for our Spring releases. We know that they are working as fast as they can, so the only thing we can do is wait.
            As a company, we are going to be testing new ports and other forms of delivery shortly. I never want this to happen again.
            2. Lining - our new spring releases have a lighter weight lining that provides for less heat which we are excited for you guys to check out. You didn't hear this from me, but all the suits for our Fall delivery will have Bemberg lining in it. We just secured a deal with an amazing supplier and we are sampling it as we speak! (I am sooooo going to get in trouble for saying this ;p )

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Thanks,

Comment

The supply issue makes sense as to why my order took so long to be fulfilled. I ordered a suit in November and just received it last week. 4 emails and two phone calls over the course of the last month with no replies or updates. Needles to say, I am displeased with the poor customer service I received from CG. However, the suit that I received is of pretty good quality and fit. Overall I am happy with the suit but would never deal with them again.

Comment

Originally posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
                Hey Guys,

Please excuse my absence in here. It's been a crazy couple of months.

To answer some questions:
                1. Yes - the dock strike has literally cut off our supply to a slow drip. We aren't really APPLE or any big player just yet, so throwing weight around in that world doesn't really work for us. We are patiently waiting and try to get ready for our Spring releases. We know that they are working as fast as they can, so the only thing we can do is wait.
                As a company, we are going to be testing new ports and other forms of delivery shortly. I never want this to happen again.
                2. Lining - our new spring releases have a lighter weight lining that provides for less heat which we are excited for you guys to check out. You didn't hear this from me, but all the suits for our Fall delivery will have Bemberg lining in it. We just secured a deal with an amazing supplier and we are sampling it as we speak! (I am sooooo going to get in trouble for saying this ;p )

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Thanks,
                Weekender bag going to be restocked? I was going to jump on it but it's sold out already despite it's release being today. If you arent going to restock it, are there alternatives? I love the design and can't find anything similar.

When you saw all the suits delivered will have bemberg, does this include your $160 suits? Will this be the new standard?
                Last edited by mike dragon; March 12, 2015, 11:00 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=12829]mike dragon[/MENTION]

Not sure if they're going to do anything about $160 suits, but he said they'd be on the $200+ suits. In my opinion, if you're going to get a solid navy or charcoal suit, you should consider the $200 herringbone navy/charcoal. I've seen it in personal and it's very subtle and it has less shoulder padding. For the reason, I'd go with the herringbone if I did it all over again.

Comment

I do not see where he said $200+ suits specifically, but thank you i will definitely consider trying that out. I recently received their charcoal modern fit sport coat they released and I love the quality. It has zero shoulder padding, too, so I suggest you try it out if you are in the market for that sort of jacket

Comment

[MENTION=12829]mike dragon[/MENTION]

It was on Vishaal's reddit Ask Me Anything. I have their slim fit navy chino blazer and the fit was perfect with no tailoring. I love the charcoal herringbone sports coat. I've been looking for one for ages (almost bought one when GAP offered it). Definitely going to get it when I have the money to spend. I don't mind spending a little more to get it taken in either. Can't wait!

Comment

Previous ETA on a large re-supply was 3/17/2015. It seems that estimate has been pushed. Is there a new ETA?

My recent freight shipment on that went through Los Angeles port was also delayed nearly a month and is finally cleared customs and ready for pickup, so I understand the logistical frustration.

Comment

Bought a tie from Combatant Gentlemen, says online 100% Silk... got the tie today, says 100% microfiber. In my mind microfiber is polyester... very disappointed if this is the case. I am looking for a 3" tie that can compete with TTB, looks like CG is not it. Next!

Comment

Originally posted by pharmacy View Post
                            Bought a tie from Combatant Gentlemen, says online 100% Silk... got the tie today, says 100% microfiber. In my mind microfiber is polyester... very disappointed if this is the case. I am looking for a 3" tie that can compete with TTB, looks like CG is not it. Next!
                            Hey [MENTION=13366]pharmacy[/MENTION],

Could you e-mail me at [email protected] so I can take care of this matter for you. We only have a few Microfiber ties on the site - believe it or not its highly requested from a good amount of guys, but if there is a typo I'd like to fix it at once as well as take care of you for the mishap.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Adammn View Post
                              The supply issue makes sense as to why my order took so long to be fulfilled. I ordered a suit in November and just received it last week. 4 emails and two phone calls over the course of the last month with no replies or updates. Needles to say, I am displeased with the poor customer service I received from CG. However, the suit that I received is of pretty good quality and fit. Overall I am happy with the suit but would never deal with them again.
                              I am terribly sorry to hear that. We are taking great measures to up the value of our customer service and are aware that we have a lot of room for growth. We are adding team members and new framework day by day and hope to have a better form of customer service asap. This is something we are dedicating a lot of time to and will continue to do so for as long as we exist. We are making it our personal goal to have one of the best customer service departments around.

I do thank you for your kind words about the product and if there is anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly!

Thanks,

Comment

Hey [MENTION=2522]MikeD[/MENTION]ragon

The Weekender will be re-stocked this summer along with a few different variations of the bag as well as other colorways!

It sold out in a record breaking 2 and a half hours. It took us completely by surprise. This was supposed to be a test run, and well... consider it tested...

The $160 suits will not have bemberg lining unfortunately. We will be using a lighter weight rayon to hold less heat however.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                                X