No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=13141]Elephant[/MENTION], I wasn't looking for a vest. The poster to whom I was replying mentioned that he was wanting CG to offer more three-piece suits. I have a couple of three-piece suits, but I'm not a junior in college. I'm in my early 30s working in a corporate environment.

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
      [MENTION=13141]Elephant[/MENTION], I wasn't looking for a vest. The poster to whom I was replying mentioned that he was wanting CG to offer more three-piece suits. I have a couple of three-piece suits, but I'm not a junior in college. I'm in my early 30s working in a corporate environment.
      I know I know. It was Aaron P. I was too lazy to separate the quotes. And on that note, I hope I get to where you're at one day and have a couple of suits + a job.

Cheers

Comment

[MENTION=11100]M. Montaigne[/MENTION] -- we hear you on that front. We're doing a massive restock of suits on 03/17 and shirts on 03/24. You heard it here first folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Combatant Gentlemen View Post
          [MENTION=11100]M. Montaigne[/MENTION] -- we hear you on that front. We're doing a massive restock of suits on 03/17 and shirts on 03/24. You heard it here first folks.
          That would be GREAT! Any ideas on random restockings before then?

Comment

Originally posted by EmptyWallet View Post
            That would be GREAT! Any ideas on random restockings before then?
            We're going to start a rolling restock of our essential ($160) suits starting this Thursday, though it will be for a smaller quantity than the 03/17 suit restock. If you want something before then, it may be worthwhile to pop in periodically on the website after this Thursday to see if the suit you want is back in stock in your size.

Also, our Notify Me functionality really does work (we had some bugs with it in the past but they've been taken care of), so if you'd rather just get an email notification when your size comes back in stock, that would be your best bet.

Comment

We're going to start a rolling restock of our essential ($160) suits starting this Thursday, though it will be for a smaller quantity than the 03/17 suit restock. If you want something before then, it may be worthwhile to pop in periodically on the website after this Thursday to see if the suit you want is back in stock in your size.

Also, our Notify Me functionality really does work (we had some bugs with it in the past but they've been taken care of), so if you'd rather just get an email notification when your size comes back in stock, that would be your best bet.

I check it pretty much daily at this point. I'm mostly interested in the Modern fit suits, so it doesn't take me long to run through them. I'm a 38R, and not sure on either a 32 or 34 trouser size. I have on the way here:

Modern Navy Stripe - 38R/34W
              Modern Grey - 38R/32W

That way, at least one of the pants will fit, and I'll just exchange the other. I'm looking to pick up quite a few suits as they fit what I need right now, which is business clothing I can beat the crap out of and not feel terrible about it.

As long as the exchange on the pants goes well, and the fit on the jacket is decent...you'll have a customer from me for a very long time.

Comment

The notify me function has never worked for me and I've tried it multiple times.

Comment

Are there larger sizes for the vests than 50, ex: 52 like the coat sizes?
                  Last edited by toucansma; February 25, 2015, 04:41 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

Ok please let us know. You have indicated before suits were going to be re-supplied in many sizes and have not been , so I had to buy a few elsewhere (since old ones were toast) :-( Keeping my fingers for next shipment.

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
                      The notify me function has never worked for me and I've tried it multiple times.
                      I concur. The notify button has never worked for me since summer of 2014 when I was buying my first suit. It definitely did not work during the black friday rain check coupon code.

Comment

Could someone be so kind to post the length from bottom of collar for 38R and 38S suits? Thank you!

Comment

So I have a Modern Fit Navy Pinstripe ($200) in front of me and a Modern Fit Charcoal ($160) in front of me. Both in 38R. Honestly, the Navy Pinstripe drapes, feels, and fits better than the Charcoal. The Charcoal feels like it has more shoulder padding as well.

Is it all in my head or did my extra $40 get me a lot more bang for my buck? The should padding thing seems odd to me.

Thoughts?

Comment

They've mentioned in the past that the higher priced suits have less shoulder padding.

Originally posted by EmptyWallet View Post
                            So I have a Modern Fit Navy Pinstripe ($200) in front of me and a Modern Fit Charcoal ($160) in front of me. Both in 38R. Honestly, the Navy Pinstripe drapes, feels, and fits better than the Charcoal. The Charcoal feels like it has more shoulder padding as well.

Is it all in my head or did my extra $40 get me a lot more bang for my buck? The should padding thing seems odd to me.

Thoughts?

Comment

I certainly like the feel and drape of the higher priced suit in this case.

Originally posted by winghus View Post
                              They've mentioned in the past that the higher priced suits have less shoulder padding.

Comment

Is there a spring suit collection that will be released? Also, I only see two 3-piece suit options, the slim navy and slim grey. Are those the only vests available, or can you get a vest for any/all other suits? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X