X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
    That'd be dope!

Let's do it!!
    Absolutely, I'd be happy to. Full disclosure, as long as everyone is ok with it, perhaps I'll formulate it as a post on my blog. Thoughts?

Vishaal, are you guys open the Friday after Thanksgiving? Perhaps I can set up an appointment then?

One caveat...while I am extremely handsome, I am certainly not sized like the average Dappered guy, or even any guy. I'm short and very broad (think handsome fire hydrant) so I'm not sure how this might affect my opinions/feedback on fit and such as it relates to your average guy. I am happy to report on the experience, materials, all that other good stuff and can comment on fit in relation to my body type but only with that caveat.

Let me know what you guys think, this sounds like it will be fun!
    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      I haven't checked in to this thread since the initial post because I had no interest in the company. I always naturally skeptical when I see stuff like this pop up but Vishaal is doing a great job of alleviating some of those concerns. I don't have a need for more suits at this time so I'll sit back and see what the consensus is once people get their hands on these things.

I really like the idea of their athletic cut since most retailers make either slim fit suits or boxy cut suits. I almost always end up having to get the chest let out an inch or two.

I do have a question about what Vishaal said about upping the ante with a higher price point. Are you coming out with a higher line or are these introductory prices and the same suits are going to be priced higher down the road?
      Hey Vicious49!

Thanks for the kind words!

To answer your question. The current basics line will always remain at the $160 price point. We are going to be getting into some heavier tweeds, harris tweed's etc, which will be the 2nd tier. We've had a lot of requests to have a 2nd tier, so we're excited to launch it shortly.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
        Hi Vishaal, thanks for being so open with the Dappered community. Do you have an ETA on how long it will be until you restock your line, as I have been visiting your site and you have been all out of 42L in both blue and navy for a week or so, and Id be interested in checking one out. Thanks and all the best.
        Hey Shade,

42L will be the death of me!! Haha - it seems to be the size that keeps blowing out the fastest. Our lead time right now is to have it back on the site by Dec 6th. Shoot me an e-mail [email protected] and I'll make sure I ping you as soon as they come in!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
          Absolutely, I'd be happy to. Full disclosure, as long as everyone is ok with it, perhaps I'll formulate it as a post on my blog. Thoughts?

Vishaal, are you guys open the Friday after Thanksgiving? Perhaps I can set up an appointment then?

One caveat...while I am extremely handsome, I am certainly not sized like the average Dappered guy, or even any guy. I'm short and very broad (think handsome fire hydrant) so I'm not sure how this might affect my opinions/feedback on fit and such as it relates to your average guy. I am happy to report on the experience, materials, all that other good stuff and can comment on fit in relation to my body type but only with that caveat.

Let me know what you guys think, this sounds like it will be fun!
          Black Friday!! Yep, we will be in the office for sure. It maybe a little bonkers in the office, but we'd love to have you over.

Blog post sounds great!

No worries on the fit... As a bigger guy myself, I based the modern fit around broader shoulders. I think I have a good idea of your stature (thinking handsome fire hydrant) so it should be a fun time.

If you could e-mail me at [email protected] we can set up the time!

Thanks,

Comment

Black Friday!! Yep, we will be in the office for sure. It maybe a little bonkers in the office, but we'd love to have you over.

Blog post sounds great!

No worries on the fit... As a bigger guy myself, I based the modern fit around broader shoulders. I think I have a good idea of your stature (thinking handsome fire hydrant) so it should be a fun time.

If you could e-mail me at [email protected] we can set up the time!

Thanks,
            Happy too, coming shortly. Excellent!

I was mostly making those points for the Dappered guys.

Comment

Very intriguing. Looking forward to hearing more opinions.

Comment

Hey Shade,

42L will be the death of me!! Haha - it seems to be the size that keeps blowing out the fastest. Our lead time right now is to have it back on the site by Dec 6th. Shoot me an e-mail [email protected] and I'll make sure I ping you as soon as they come in!

Thanks!
                Hi Vishaal,

Thanks for the quick feedback. Lol, it always seems like my size goes out quick, but Ill be sure to shoot you an email. I look forward to trying out your gear. Looks great.

Comment

"This is a lyrical combat, gentleman hold your pistols.
                  I form like volition, and shoot you with my shoulder missiles.
                  Slim Shady, Eminem was the old initials."

That's all I have to add to the discussion. But seriously, I'm very interested in a member review.

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
                    Hi Vishaal,

Thanks for the quick feedback. Lol, it always seems like my size goes out quick, but Ill be sure to shoot you an email. I look forward to trying out your gear. Looks great.
                    Thanks Shade, and just shot you back an e-mail!

Comment

Any chance there's going to be some black Friday/cyber Monday deals on your site?

Comment

Originally posted by spencerleejenkins View Post
                        Any chance there's going to be some black Friday/cyber Monday deals on your site?
                        Hey Spencer,

Yep - new product launch + special pricing!

Thanks,

Comment

Just returned from my visit to CG headquarters, Vishaal and his team are truly awesome and the product is very impressive. I'm going to work up a recap this upcoming week to share. I definitely felt like I got a glimpse into the promising future of menswear.

Shouts to Vishaal and his awesome team, I highly encourage any guys in the area to make a stylist appointment and check out their goods.

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
                            Just returned from my visit to CG headquarters, Vishaal and his team are truly awesome and the product is very impressive. I'm going to work up a recap this upcoming week to share. I definitely felt like I got a glimpse into the promising future of menswear.

Shouts to Vishaal and his awesome team, I highly encourage any guys in the area to make a stylist appointment and check out their goods.
                            Hey Scott!

Thanks so much for the kind words. Had a blast. Looking forward to syncing up at the pop-up shop in LA next week!

Thanks again!

Comment

Hey Scott!

Thanks so much for the kind words. Had a blast. Looking forward to syncing up at the pop-up shop in LA next week!

Thanks again!
                              My pleasure!

Comment

Quick question. Vishaal, are the slim fit shoulders designed with a rolling shoulder? I e sloped inwards? Usually one or all of my shoulders on any jacket has that rumpled look because my shoulders are pitched slightly forward. Curious

Comment

Working...
                                X