Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [MENTION=10808]vishaalmelwani[/MENTION] you said you will be or are now offering suits with both heavier and lighter shoulder construction...how do customers tell the difference when ordering? I felt my first suit with you had a but too much padding, so I would specifically want the thinner option.

    Comment


      Hey [MENTION=12117]DRM[/MENTION]

      Sure, all of our $160 suit offerings offer a heavier shoulder construction, as many of our guys are demanding on these suits for the daily-grind. Our 2nd tier suits priced at $200.00 offer a lighter shoulder construction.


      Thanks,

      Comment


        Hi Vishaal,

        I placed an order on 12/28/14 but I have yet to receive a shipping notification. I tried contacting combatgent through the customer service on your site but no one has replied for nearly 45 minutes now. Is there a more reliable method of getting in contact to get more information on what could be holding up my order?

        Comment


          I wore the slim charcoal to my relative's wedding and looked way better than his express suit. The slim navy in 36S is back today Can't wait for my exchange to finally arrive!

          Wish I knew about the 200 dollar suits having less padding though. I would've gotten them both in herringbone. Oh well, back to saving up.

          Comment


            I found the chat function on the website to be extremely helpful

            Comment


              Originally posted by FindingNoOne View Post
              Hi Vishaal,

              I placed an order on 12/28/14 but I have yet to receive a shipping notification. I tried contacting combatgent through the customer service on your site but no one has replied for nearly 45 minutes now. Is there a more reliable method of getting in contact to get more information on what could be holding up my order?
              Hey [MENTION=13218]FindingNoOne[/MENTION],

              Our site's live chat and support email are the two best avenues for reaching our customer service. The shipment notification will automatically be emailed to you once your order ships out, but if you PM me your order # I can see what I can do to bump it up the queue.

              Comment


                Originally posted by FindingNoOne View Post
                Hi Vishaal,

                I placed an order on 12/28/14 but I have yet to receive a shipping notification. I tried contacting combatgent through the customer service on your site but no one has replied for nearly 45 minutes now. Is there a more reliable method of getting in contact to get more information on what could be holding up my order?
                Sure - I can definitely help. E-mail me at [email protected] with your order# and I'll check up on it.

                Thanks,

                Comment


                  [MENTION=13141]Elephant[/MENTION]

                  Great to hear the suit worked out for you!

                  Please let me know if there is anything I can help with in the future!

                  Comment


                    My on sale casual shirts that I order before the 24th still no shipment notification.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by chiconice View Post
                      My on sale casual shirts that I order before the 24th still no shipment notification.
                      You'll probably have to wait longer still. I ordered a topcoat December 4th; it didn't ship until the 23rd, and didn't get to me until the 30th.

                      Comment


                        Hi Vishaal,
                        Since it's pretty clear you read this, I'd like to give you some feedback on the website.
                        When I try and check the status of my order, it says "shipped", but when I click the link for tracking, it just re-directs to the order page. It does eventually link to UPS, but before you generate the tracking #, perhaps mark it "processing" rather than "shipped". Just my thoughts to help you improve your customer experience.
                        Thanks

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by IronMonkee View Post
                          Hi Vishaal,
                          Since it's pretty clear you read this, I'd like to give you some feedback on the website.
                          When I try and check the status of my order, it says "shipped", but when I click the link for tracking, it just re-directs to the order page. It does eventually link to UPS, but before you generate the tracking #, perhaps mark it "processing" rather than "shipped". Just my thoughts to help you improve your customer experience.
                          Thanks
                          He does indeed, but I can field this one too--

                          So this is how the process works:
                          1. We pick and pack the order and prepare it for shipment
                          2. When it's picked up and scanned by UPS, a tracking # is generated and the shipment notification email is triggered
                          3. The tracking # doesn't "go live" until the package is sorted at the UPS distribution facility

                          In your case, you checked the status of your order when it was in transit between our warehouse and the UPS facility, which is why the tracking # wasn't live yet. However, you raise a good point that this can create a confusing customer experience, so I'll definitely be passing this feedback along to our UI/UX team.

                          Comment


                            My experience with Combat Gents.

                            I decided to give them a try, and ordered the Slim Fit Navy Windowpane 3 piece suit. It took about 2 weeks to get to me (I'm in Northern California, not that far from their warehouse, but the holiday frenzy and raining weather all added up to that much time).

                            My impression of the suit is quite favorable, the quality of the wool and construction is definitely better than the DKNY and Tommy Hilfiger suits I used to own, but not as nice as my Caruso and maybe event Paoloni.

                            I had a few problems with the suit:
                            1. The jacket's taped at the waist a bit too much, and it's too tight if I button the jacket.
                            2. The Jacket shoulder is about 1/2 " too wide for me
                            3. The jacket shoulder pad is quite thick, much thicker than my Caruso or Paoloni even Indochino.
                            4. The slim fit pants legs are 2" too wide at each thigh
                            5. The vest was also very tight, though it's probably my fault, I ordered a 34S vest on the 36S suit
                            6. The windowpane pattern is very subtle, it's only visible under strong light and up close.

                            Problems 1 and 2 could be fixed, but my tailor quoted me a price that makes the alteration uneconomical. I also found out the same suit is not available in modern fit like some of their other suits.

                            Ultimately I decided to return it. It took 5 days after it was received by Combat Gents for the credit to show up on my credit card.

                            During the process, I interacted with Fez here on the forum, and a couple of Combat Gents customer service reps, all interaction was quite pleasant, there was one time a CSR promised to email me something but didn't.

                            Overall, for the price, I think Combat Gents offers decent quality at affordable prices. I wish they could improve on these areas:
                            1. More fit options (not just Slim and Modern) on more suits.
                            2. Softer shoulders (more Italian than American)
                            3. True slim pants to match their suits
                            4. More color choices

                            I'm ready to give them another try again after these things are fixed.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Combatant Gentlemen View Post
                              He does indeed, but I can field this one too--

                              So this is how the process works:
                              1. We pick and pack the order and prepare it for shipment
                              2. When it's picked up and scanned by UPS, a tracking # is generated and the shipment notification email is triggered
                              3. The tracking # doesn't "go live" until the package is sorted at the UPS distribution facility

                              In your case, you checked the status of your order when it was in transit between our warehouse and the UPS facility, which is why the tracking # wasn't live yet. However, you raise a good point that this can create a confusing customer experience, so I'll definitely be passing this feedback along to our UI/UX team.
                              The problem is that it is marked on the order page as "shipped" before it goes to UPS. In my case, I checked on a Thanksgiving weekend order in the middle of Dec, where the order page said "shipped". So I wanted a week and it still said "shipped" but hadn't gotten to me. I had to use the chat on the website twice before anything actually shipped. I know you guys are working on the fulfillment issues, so I'm ok giving that a pass. from what you tell me, the website should update to "shipped" between 1 & 2. If so, how on earth does it take a week (or more) to get something to UPS after you've picked and boxed it? I don't claim to be a warehousing expert, but that seems like you've made the easy part into the time consuming one. I suspect what is actually happening, on purpose or not, is that the website updates to "shipped" when the order is sent to the warehouse (pre #1). I don't know how easy that is to fix, but I think you should fix it.
                              Last edited by IronMonkee; January 7, 2015, 01:41 PM. Reason: missed a ()

                              Comment


                                I think you may be right; it sounds like the order page prematurely showed the status as "Shipped" when it fact it was "Processed" but not yet picked up by UPS. I'll send a bug report to our engineering team with your notes so they can look into it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X