No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else have experience with the Combat Gent outerwear? I'm looking at both, together they're still cheaper than the coats I was originally looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
      Ok, I'm 5'10", 180 or so and the medium pea coat fits me very well. I've worn it a few times with a sweater and dress shirt layered underneath and it gives a slim look. The wool shell is nice and soft; the color is a little darker than it looks on the site (a good thing, in my opinion). It's partially lined and there are no interior pockets, just two front pockets. I can live with the lining, but the lack of pockets is a bit annoying. The only other part of the coat I dislike is the sleeves. The lining has an elastic cuff sewn in. It makes the wrist area very uncomfortable. It would have been much better to line the sleeve without that feature. I'm trying to decide if I want to take it to a tailor to have those remove and the lining sewn to the shell. Otherwise, I may grab a pair of scissors and take it out myself...

Overall, it's not a bad purchase for $100. It looks good and will keep you warm in most lower temps (in the morning it's around the low 20s).
      do you mind posting a picture or two when you get a chance?

Comment

Originally posted by jayashae View Post
        do you mind posting a picture or two when you get a chance?
        Of the jacket by itself, sure. Of me wearing it, unlikely. Not a big fan of selfies, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
          Of the jacket by itself, sure. Of me wearing it, unlikely. Not a big fan of selfies, haha.
          haha of course me neither. thanks!! interesting you say that it keeps you warm in sub 30 degree weather. CG, is the topcoat as warm as the peacoat?

Comment

Originally posted by jayashae View Post
            haha of course me neither. thanks!! interesting you say that it keeps you warm in sub 30 degree weather. CG, is the topcoat as warm as the peacoat?
            Yes, I'd say they're about equally as thick and warm.

Comment

Combatant Gentlemen Black Friday Deals

Hey all,

We've just kicked off our Black Friday deals. Here are the details:

Weeklong Deals
              • Essential Suits: $120 (formerly $180)
              • Select Suits: $160 (formerly $200+)
              • Tuxedos: $180 (formerly $200)

Daily Deals
              • Wednesday 11/26 -- The Shirt and Tie Bundle: Buy a shirt and tie bundle and get 25% off (works up to X shirts and X ties) -- Code: shirtandtie

The weeklong deals and daily deals will run until next Wednesday 12/03, for a total of 8 daily deals. Each daily deal expires at midnight PST on its given day. They will be announced on our Facebook page and our email newsletter.

We will also be running Happy Hour flash sales between 5pm - 7pm PST every day. These deals will only be announced on our Facebook page.

Our Black Friday page
              Our Facebook page

Comment

That is ridiculously cheap for a super 140's half canvassed tuxedo....

Comment

Hey Vishaal, I was gonna give you guys a go and order to Buffalo and pickup when I noticed you offer Canadian shipping now. Was happy to see it. I was helped by the one and only Michael over your chat system on the website. He was great. Based on his measurement comparisons seems like it should fit (fingers crossed). Figured I would give him some props on here since I am sure you guys read this. Great customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
                    Hey Vishaal, I was gonna give you guys a go and order to Buffalo and pickup when I noticed you offer Canadian shipping now. Was happy to see it. I was helped by the one and only Michael over your chat system on the website. He was great. Based on his measurement comparisons seems like it should fit (fingers crossed). Figured I would give him some props on here since I am sure you guys read this. Great customer service.
                    I just gave Michael a fist-bump on your behalf -- thanks for letting us know

Comment

Can someone please share the slim suit size guide/chart that has exact measurements (similar to the modern fit chart that was posted earlier in this thread)?
                      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchillen View Post
                        Can someone please share the slim suit size guide/chart that has exact measurements (similar to the modern fit chart that was posted earlier in this thread)?
                        Thanks!
                        You can find several of the size charts in the comments for the reddit AMA. I've seen their charts for denim there, slim fit shirts, and both cuts of suits with pants.

http://www.reddit.com/r/frugalmalefa...n_and_we_sell/

Slim fit jackets: https://i.imgur.com/u7U9tMs.png

Comment

Slim Fit pants sizing:
                          https://i.imgur.com/z3BalZA.png

Comment

[MENTION=12746]ronrob[/MENTION] & [MENTION=12912]StormRider[/MENTION] -- thanks! Beat me to the punch.

Comment

Is it possible that the measurement table for the slim fit pants and modern fit pants are not apples-to-apples? For example, for 32 waist, the slim fit chart gives 12 2/3 as the measurement for "thigh 1 inch down crotch". The equivalent measurement for modern fit is 26 inches. That difference seems too large to make sense.

Comment

Here's a link to the modern fit pant table referenced in my post: https://i.imgur.com/ws1vPky.png

Comment

Working...
                                X