No announcement yet.

Combatant Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite my earlier smack-talking (and my remaining skepticism), I'm intrigued. I'll be in OC at the end of December; maybe I'll make an appointment to come check this action out in person.

Comment

Originally posted by scrambledpotato View Post
      Thanks for your reply, I'm starting to feel a little more confident about what you're claiming here. I'm definitely looking forward to the experiences of others when they get their orders.

Good luck, and hope things work out great for you.
      Awesome!

Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
        Despite my earlier smack-talking (and my remaining skepticism), I'm intrigued. I'll be in OC at the end of December; maybe I'll make an appointment to come check this action out in person.
        Hey Shomas,

Awesome! We look forward to it. Hit up [email protected] to schedule an appointment and She'll make sure I'm around as well!

Thanks,

Comment

Hey Vishaal,

Kudos for handling the inquires and questions from this forum in such a kick-ass manner. A tong of companies could learn a lot from how you're embracing the community and promoting your business in the right way. I'm an OC native originally and will be around in the next few weeks, I'm going to see about swinging by to check out the operation.

Best,

-Scott
          "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
            Hey Vishaal,

Kudos for handling the inquires and questions from this forum in such a kick-ass manner. A tong of companies could learn a lot from how you're embracing the community and promoting your business in the right way. I'm an OC native originally and will be around in the next few weeks, I'm going to see about swinging by to check out the operation.

Best,

-Scott
            Hey Scott,

Thanks very much! This has been a lot of fun. It's helping me a lot with R & D as well. I'm actually trying to come up with a video series maybe that could explain details a little better as well? It'll have to wait until after holiday, but I think it would be really cool

Looking forward to meeting you when you pop in!

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by vishaalmelwani View Post
              Hey Scott,

Thanks very much! This has been a lot of fun. It's helping me a lot with R & D as well. I'm actually trying to come up with a video series maybe that could explain details a little better as well? It'll have to wait until after holiday, but I think it would be really cool

Looking forward to meeting you when you pop in!

Thanks,
              Absolutely, and you're most welcome!
              "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
                Hey Vishaal,

Best,

-Scott
                Maybe you can take some pictures of their suits and how it fits on you like video review of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                  Maybe you can take some pictures of their suits and how it fits on you like video review of some sort.

That'd be dope!

Let's do it!!

Comment

it seems a lot of readers here are looking at those price points incredulously, but the price point isn't too far off from suits suits i've seen overseas. i've only skimmed the thread and didn't see any mention of where the suits are produced, i've seen suits made in china/hong kong for similar prices with fine results.

I've had 3 mtm suits made in hong kong for an average of $250 each, though just last week i happened to received my first bespoke suit which was ~$900. also last week i saw my uncle's mainland china mtm suit which he got for a measly $100. the $100 hack job suit wasn't entirely awful. there were subtle "characteristics" that were clearly only to be found on a $100 suit, but most people aren't going to care about that. it was still a step from your average otr american mall boxy suit. my relatives thought i was ripped off, of course :P i'm certainly not going to crap on their parade, and the things we as internet expert clothing analysts notice sound pretty trivial to the uninterested.

i'd like to see how these suits look tbh. there's a time and place for a fully canvassed A++ bespoke suit, but sometimes i'm not going to want the weight of that sunk cost on my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
                      it seems a lot of readers here are looking at those price points incredulously, but the price point isn't too far off from suits suits i've seen overseas. i've only skimmed the thread and didn't see any mention of where the suits are produced, i've seen suits made in china/hong kong for similar prices with fine results.

I've had 3 mtm suits made in hong kong for an average of $250 each, though just last week i happened to received my first bespoke suit which was ~$900. also last week i saw my uncle's mainland china mtm suit which he got for a measly $100. the $100 hack job suit wasn't entirely awful. there were subtle "characteristics" that were clearly only to be found on a $100 suit, but most people aren't going to care about that. it was still a step from your average otr american mall boxy suit. my relatives thought i was ripped off, of course :P i'm certainly not going to crap on their parade, and the things we as internet expert clothing analysts notice sound pretty trivial to the uninterested.

i'd like to see how these suits look tbh. there's a time and place for a fully canvassed A++ bespoke suit, but sometimes i'm not going to want the weight of that sunk cost on my mind.
                      Hey Fey - Love the candor here. I agree with a lot about your statement. You are correct. CG was made for the introductory suit-wearer. We wanted to deliver an alternative to the run of the mill shopping-mall garbage suit. Especially to guys who are first time suit wearers, or for guys who wish to spend their hard earned dollars elsewhere beyond clothing.

We will be soon upping the ante and going into a higher price point, while remaining direct-to-consumer and wholesale free. So our prices on the next tier will be slightly higher, however still at an absurd value.

All of the production is done in China and we are super happy with the relationship we have built with the awesome people over there!

Please let me know if I can help any further!

Thanks,

Comment

I'm loving this thread. I get forced out to Cali a lot more often than I'd like, and I will have to see how close I can get to their shop next time around. As a guy that needs to get his first non-mens wearhouse suit-this seems like a good start. Especially as infrequently as I'd wear one.

I used to be very active on the cigar forums, and cigars are still a huge part of my daily life. One of the things I love about that hobby, is that the owners of many brands come in and have a very similar presence to what we are seeing here. There is something about wanting to get excited about someone elses passion, when they put it all out on the table for you like this. There are several cigars that I only ever spent money on-because their owners came and made posts just like we are seeing here. Gotta say-It makes me want to buy a suit!

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingJ View Post
                          I'm loving this thread. I get forced out to Cali a lot more often than I'd like, and I will have to see how close I can get to their shop next time around. As a guy that needs to get his first non-mens wearhouse suit-this seems like a good start. Especially as infrequently as I'd wear one.

I used to be very active on the cigar forums, and cigars are still a huge part of my daily life. One of the things I love about that hobby, is that the owners of many brands come in and have a very similar presence to what we are seeing here. There is something about wanting to get excited about someone elses passion, when they put it all out on the table for you like this. There are several cigars that I only ever spent money on-because their owners came and made posts just like we are seeing here. Gotta say-It makes me want to buy a suit!
                          Hey TravelingJ,

Thanks so much for the kind words. Looking forward to meeting you in person, if we can make that happen. I'm a cigar novice myself, but I'd like to pick your mind on a few things!

Wish I knew about dappered sooner!

Thanks,

Comment

wow. piqued interest here.

Comment

I haven't checked in to this thread since the initial post because I had no interest in the company. I always naturally skeptical when I see stuff like this pop up but Vishaal is doing a great job of alleviating some of those concerns. I don't have a need for more suits at this time so I'll sit back and see what the consensus is once people get their hands on these things.

I really like the idea of their athletic cut since most retailers make either slim fit suits or boxy cut suits. I almost always end up having to get the chest let out an inch or two.

I do have a question about what Vishaal said about upping the ante with a higher price point. Are you coming out with a higher line or are these introductory prices and the same suits are going to be priced higher down the road?

Comment

Hi Vishaal, thanks for being so open with the Dappered community. Do you have an ETA on how long it will be until you restock your line, as I have been visiting your site and you have been all out of 42L in both blue and navy for a week or so, and Id be interested in checking one out. Thanks and all the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X